Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have only been a member for about a week, but I absolutely love this site. I check atleast once everyday.

Now for the bad stuff. Up until Weds. I had a perfect 2001 R1. There I was riding around after work when I went over a highway overpass, to find cars exiting the highway on the other side. I was keeping my eye on the car that was waiting to take a left(the opposite way I was traveling). That's when it happened he pulled out and left me with no place to go. I hit the car somewhere around the front tire, flew over the hood and landed about 15ft down the road. Next thing I knew I was in a abulance.

The good news is that I didn't break anything, but I am pretty beat up right know. I guess it's a good thing I spent all that money on my gear(helmet, leather jacket, gloves and boots). The doctors and emt's said that stuff saved me from being in a big mess.

I saw pictures of my bike. If it's not totaled it's pretty damn close. Now I have to wait and see. To make things worst I just ordered a muzzy slip-on. Now the company wants to charge me $50 to restock the canceled order.

Just had to vent alittle, thanks!!!

· Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,084 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about you wreck. I would not be suprised if you told me he was looking you straight in the eyes while he was cutting you off. That really irritates me... happens all the time. Lok on the bright side.. maybe you can get a nice new bike.

· Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,084 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: Do you know if it is going to be his fault?

· rubber side dow
776 Posts
sorry to hear about your misfortune, just be glad you're alive. A rider around my way died two days ago when a jeep ran a stop sign and he t-boned the car. He was a big big guy too, sad thing. :(

· Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,161 Posts
The worse are the Soccer Moms and their damn mini-vans. at 4 way stop car infront of me goes, the car infront of soccer mom goes, i start to go, soccer mom decides she wants to go before me. Luckily I noticed she was yacking on her cell phone, and not paying attention , so i slowly started to go, and was able to stop and yell a few obsenities at her as she drove by.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.