Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I live in mobile, alabama and I was wondering how much a 08 R1 cash money out the door would be. Anybody have any ideas? thanks for the comments
Seriously if I were looking at buying a new bike out the door it would certainly have to be a little colder outside right now. If it were outside the riding season I'd look at making an offer of MSRP plus 5%. You might get laughed at but it's actually worked for me several times. MSRP factors in a profit and if the profit is already factored in you look at the tax + tag + title as the 5%. I say MSRP because in some placs ( read: Southern California ) it's very possible for the bike to be sold at a premium over the MSRP. Even though you don't want to get ripped , you actually want the dealer to make some kind of profit so that you'll have decent support if you need it.

But if they start flinging numbers around then simply begin negotiating for MSRP as an out the door price and then work it up from there. I guess it worked well for me because around here the sales tax is 7% and tag and title generally run around 135-150.00. I figure MSRP + 5% gives me a little more than a 2% discount under retail. This probably won't work past February though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So down here I was looking at a 07 for 12.3 out the door finance through yamaha. But Backed out I was thinking I could get one cheaper than that with cash. My wife is wanting to get me one for christmas so I am trying to get information and this weekend I am going to go get a quote from a dealer ship.

Thanks for the replys.

·
Custom User Title
1,438 Posts
for what it's worth, I'm strongly considering picking up a new 07 on Saturday for 10,6 otd. Obviously that's not an 08, but thought it might help.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
for what it's worth, I'm picking up a new 07 on Saturday for 10,6 otd.

Good price....I have seen 07s at 11,900...... and that was the starting price.

·
Custom User Title
1,438 Posts
I thought it was reasonable....and that is also with the 6.x% sales tax figured in. Price on the bike before sales tax is ~$9800.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
I thought it was reasonable....and that is also with the 6.x% sales tax figured in. Price on the bike before sales tax is ~$9800.

I think it's a pretty good price. Most people on here don't factor in the total cost of the bike as the OTD.

·
Custom Bike Builder
1,258 Posts
I've seen 9800 to 12,500 I'm looking for the same. I don't care if it's an 07 or 08 though.

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
So down here I was looking at a 07 for 12.3 out the door finance through yamaha. But Backed out I was thinking I could get one cheaper than that with cash. My wife is wanting to get me one for christmas so I am trying to get information and this weekend I am going to go get a quote from a dealer ship.

Thanks for the replys.
Way too much for an 07. I paid $11,691 OTD for my 07 last December when the bike was at premium, my frame number is 0039, so 12.3 a year later is too much in my opinion. I started a thread last year about 07 OTD pricing, you might find it helpful. Just search for "07 OTD Pricing". Also remember dealer's make money off of financing so cash from you actually means less money for them.

:fact

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
The 07 is a great bike, but if you guys do pick the 07's make sure it comes with or that dealer has put the revised ECU in it. Good Luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.