Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Postwhore grasshopper
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to gut my cat, but my exhaust is about as loud as i want it.. those of you with cans and a gutted cat, is it really loud and did you notice a diff after wards noise wise.. I live in a neiborhood and leave at like 7 am some times .. sometimes 1 am.. i dont watn to piss people off any more than i am

·
When U see God, then slow down
127 Posts
I also have two bros racing baffles in the stock cans, only difference is i trimmed 3 inches off the cans before reassembly. This makes them louder than almost any aftermarket pipes. I went back and gutted the cat a few weeks later and noticed no difference. The amount of heat transfered to your ass is cut way down though.

·
Banned
94 Posts
I gutted my CAT and my pipes.. its LOUD.. first i did the pipes and then the cat... didn't noticed alot of diff.... BUT here's a QUESTION.

I have a 04 r1 gutted cat and pipes.. Today i'm getting a set of YOSHIMURA pipes and i'm getting it for FREE otherwise I wouldn't pay what they ask for :) . i used to have a 03 r1 with a carbon fiber D&D pipe and that sht. used to back fire if i rev the bike to 8xxx rpm and let go.. it would back fire.. NICE:rock biggest flame i ever seen on a bike.. but i never seen a 04 r1 back fire. do they do that.. i mean its kind cool when it does.. plus i'm not trying to rev the F%[email protected] out of the bike to do that.. hell no.. so just wondering if any 1 here seen a 04 r1 back fire..?? any :fire

·
My Black R1 > your bike
325 Posts
i have a stock y pipe for sale. buy it and gut it. stick it on your bike. if you dont like it then swap back to your stocker. if you do like it- then, well, you do....

when i say for sale what i really mean is local pick-up or pay me for shipping and its yours.....

·
Banned
94 Posts
yeah my friend has a 05 r6 with a D&D pipe also for some reason his exhaust is sooooooooooooooo freaking loud.. every 1 thinks he gutted the dd pipe.. lets put it this way its louder than my gutted r1 pipes... "R1" mine has a unique sound but still his is braaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol.. spits flame too.. not big but it does.. we recorded ond of my friends doing a burn out (2004 gsxr 1000) with a Yosh pipe. got some nice shotz of the flames coming out...

·
Registered
396 Posts
crxturboh22 said:
yeah my friend has a 05 r6 with a D&D pipe also for some reason his exhaust is sooooooooooooooo freaking loud.. every 1 thinks he gutted the dd pipe.. lets put it this way its louder than my gutted r1 pipes... "R1" mine has a unique sound but still his is braaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol.. spits flame too.. not big but it does.. we recorded ond of my friends doing a burn out (2004 gsxr 1000) with a Yosh pipe. got some nice shotz of the flames coming out...
D&D pipes have like almost no muffler packing in them... thats why there so loud... look at the canister size compaired to the pipe... its almost the same.

·
Postwhore grasshopper
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think the back fire is from either to rich, or the pair valve. I removed my pair valve and dont get the gurgle when you slow down.. i hated that shit

·
SoFa King ur Girl!!
821 Posts
How hard is it to gut the pipe and what is the best way to go about it? I have the hotbodies undertail exhaust that came with the bike when I bought it and would definately be interested in gutting the cat for the loss of heat to the butt........I live in Florida and its too friggen hot here as it is!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
robo02cop said:
How hard is it to gut the pipe and what is the best way to go about it? I have the hotbodies undertail exhaust that came with the bike when I bought it and would definately be interested in gutting the cat for the loss of heat to the butt........I live in Florida and its too friggen hot here as it is!!!
Look in the how to forums.. theres a complete write up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts