Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2WF dude stated that he felt a lot of heat emitting from the CAT. I myself havn't had any heat issues with mine but I still want to remove this filter for better sound and more top end (as if). Anyway, for those of you that have removed it, did the bike seem to run a little cooler from the motor or did you notice "less" heat from the seat? Also, are there any 'How To's" on removing this bastard? Thanks.

·
R1 2FEAR
612 Posts
I pulled mine last weekend and have only gone out once.Didnt notice any heat issues but I dont undestand all the heat talk I'm not feeling the problem!? and I have a great tip for ya.I read that the rear fairing is a bitch to take off so I did it without removing the plastic.ended up with a flawless job too.the only tricky part is the plastic peices that cover the slipon securing bolts.two of the screws are "unaccesable" with the tail intact.Unless you take a phillips screwdriver (borrowed from neighbor preferably)heat the tip up till she glows and bend it about 70 degrees,then you can get to those screws.its a little time consuming but well worth it IMOA.that way I get to play with the bike longer.pm me if you want more details.be happy to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts