Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, need some info on the honda cbr. are they still kinda "blah" like they used to be? im looking at getting another bike again. thought for sure it would be an r1, but now maybe a cbr1k?

i came from the old super busa stuff. so now since its been a few years. im looking more overall at a bike than just speed/drag racing. i want a bike that can turn. not really interested in the kaw,or suzuki even though i hear the zuk is the fastest?

thanks for any help on the honda/r1 issue

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
I sat on the CBR1K and thats all it took for me. I didnt like it at all.. In fact its my least favorite by a mile. I've sat on all the litre bikes and owned a gsxr 750 and a CBR600F4. My preference as a 165lb, 5'9" person would be in this order.

1)Gix1000 tied with R1
2)ZX10-R
3)CBR1000

As far as performance goes I can't really speak. I've never ridden one. From one I understand it feels like its a step behind from everyone else. If its torque and power you want, the go Gix.. If its Stability and track running with a comfortable feel go R1.. If you just wanna be a hoodlum and cause trouble everywhere you go, get a ZX10-R. Just my opinion though.

On another hand, Honda's are supposedly indestructable. I've heard people claim that they dont require gasoline to run and you can ride them through the ocean and they'll just turn into submarines until you come out of the water and then be a street bike again. :)

Good Luck.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i hate to say this but now looks ARE a consideration. :) when i was buyin my busa 00' i didnt think it looked the best but, i was willing to let that slide.lol.

now, i think the zx10 looks like poop and dont think i would want it.

i love the r1. im 6'2 215lb

i was kinda looking for some rwhp numbers ect. for the honda...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.