Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i would really appreciate some help, i'm getting a 600 for the track but can't decide wich one to get the r6 or the cbr, they're both 2007 what will make a better track bike?

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
wayyy too flashy for me... but still looks better than any CBR i've ever seen

·
Motorcyclist
114 Posts
I have ridden both and the 07 CBR is a better bike. The R6 is nice and the 08 might be the shit but the 07 CBR is going to be hard to beat. I do agree that the R6 looks much better but I but for performance first.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
^x2 you will not be dissapointed whatsoever with the cbr it is honestly the best 600 i have ridden...as far as stock goes

you will get mixed opinions from guys on here about the 06+ R6 but i didnt like the bike that much....it wasnt as smooth as my 05 r6

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Really nice looking bike.

I think the guy is not going to be as picky with looks if he is looking for a track bike. I have seen some damn ugly mofos out on the track smoking some real pretty looking R1s, gixxers, etc.

Good luck with whatever you will choose. I read the CBR was a killer for 2007 from among the 600cc bikes (at least for street). I am sure the R6 is an excellent track tool too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone, I really dont care for thr looks it is going to be a race bike, I just want the best forming tool, but please keep on giving me your oppinion, thank you all.

·
Speed Junkie!
367 Posts
For the track, the r6 is superior.
+1:thumbup

I've ridden both and I now own an '07 R6 for my track bike.
For what it's worth, they say it's the most technologically advanced production bike ever built. Drive by wire throttle control, slipper clutch (which I don't think the CBR has) and a sick rpm range. Plus, the '07 R6 is really designed to be a track bike anyway.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
To be honest, you can't go wrong with either of them; Although, I think the new '08 R6 is going to be the middle weight king this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.