Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 99 CBR 900. the head gasket looks like it was weaping something at one time its not very much. but enough to catch dust and show its self. does anyone know what it is or if its anything at all. i know there is a few people on here with 900"s or someone that may be familair with this thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its at the head, the bike only has 6000 miles on it and if i could post the pic you would see the leak is very small nothing running out enough to see it. it was just a noticable wet spot that was dry from dust, also no idea how long that has been there he just got the bike? he bought it and drove it home the other night in pretty cold weather so i didnt know if it would weap from that. the leak is on the outside. thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
here is a pic,I looked to see if it had come from the valve cover somewhere but that doesnt seem to have a leak at all,I drove it 84 miles the other day and it didnt get worse but its just one of those things I like to know if its normal or not:(

I know in the pic it looks like its coming from above but thats not the case..I'll take the side fairing off today and take a better pic thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
........well I decided to set up an appointment and get the head gasket changed,valves adj. and sync. carbs at the same time and keep the clean nice running bike instead of chancing screwing it up this summer incase of getting stuck in traffic or over heating etc. I know alot of people say "drive it" but Id rather through 300 $ away having it fixed than spending big $$ later for bigger probs.
thanks ed for the post :epimp

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
fo sure! Its going in tomorrow I'll have it back next week and it will get a beating for all this extra $$$ Im going to have to spend on it!:yesnod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts