Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has the performance and your bike run with Ceramic Engine bearings? I have seen a lot of feedback mostly all positive about running ceramic wheel bearings most everyone is happy how bike runs except when mention cost! I have 2020 R-1 I’m going with Rotobox 2 wheels with vortex 325 sprocket have 41,43,45 and titanium bolts with ceramic bearings. It’s about least amount rotating mass and have bling factor. I am looking at ceramic engine bearing kits. Who do you recommend? Do you know specific kit? Thank you for help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don’t know about the engine bearings. But if they’re anything like the wheel bearings, it’s got to be a good investment?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Are you going to pull your motor apart to put ceramic bearings in? That's the most money for least gain you could do. I honestly wouldn't even bother especially since oil loses into the bearings creating drag so the effects of the ceramics is kinda void. If your already taking your motor apart to build it then yea go for it. What could go wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine bearing kit is really 2 bearings for Output shaft in Tranny, 2 on input shaft plus one on the Water pump. So although called engine / Transmission but what’s important is adds 2.5 % to 5% power and along with wheel ceramic bearings 6-7 MPH and even quicker acceleration. All GP racers use weight, less heat with reduced friction and they last 3-5 times longer. I was hoping to hear from others who run this setup. Enjoy the summer riding .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to pull your motor apart to put ceramic bearings in? That's the most money for least gain you could do. I honestly wouldn't even bother especially since oil loses into the bearings creating drag so the effects of the ceramics is kinda void. If your already taking your motor apart to build it then yea go for it. What could go wrong.
I am not tearing engine open nor have I seen any info on doing this. The Ceramic Engine bearing kit! Is really Transmission and water pump. Using it along with ceramic wheel bearings a set up all GP , street and drag racers are seeing 2.5% to 5 % gains a lot less stress and longer lasting parts as much as 3 to 5 times longer parts use and much less heat buildup with reduced friction . I want to hear from others running this setup

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
2.5 to 5 percent less friction and horsepower loss of only what those oem bearings rob, which is minimal. Not 2.5-5 percent total power gained on the engine horsepower. You have to pull off all the covers and split the engine to do the transmission bearings. It's an immeasurable amount on the dyno especially since I can see 15-20hp swings based on engine temperature on some bikes. Anyone who is saying they see 5-7hp gains off bearings is blowing smoke up your ass. People can swear it's great and others will say it's a waste of time but it's something that you can't prove in real life testing and your just here for someone to reinforce what you want to hear so just follow your heart and do what you want. Does splitting your motor to change bearings seem worth it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts