Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· will work for tires
97 Posts
this might be as good a time as any to ask this...

is there any trick to lubing your chain and not have a ton of lube from flying off everywhere that first ride? I give my chain a good shot of lube then take a rag and try to get off as much excess as I can. No matter how much effort I give it, still greasey oil everywhere everytime!

I have a feeling this might just be one of those things since I haven't figured out a way around it yet. Damn you cyntrifical force! If you found the secret method, do tell.

· will work for tires
97 Posts
What is the consitency of that PJ1? The chain lube i have (i forget what brand it is...hmmm) is more like WD40 in viscocity. But when i put on a new DID chain it was lubed with something more like a white lithium grease. Is that what the PJ1 is like?

· will work for tires
97 Posts
Kevap said:
Use the GOOD STUFF! Vahakn has 2 excellent options and another is Maxima Chain Wax.

Ahh! That looks like the brand I use. But it's not Chain WAX it's just chain lube. Looks like the chain LUBE will be regulated to use on the Huffy and not the R1. Gonna get me some chain WAX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.