Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 wheels are better than 4.
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have joined the ranks of the dumb asses that cut their brand new chain too damn short. I removed one too many links now I cannot get the master link to join the chain - about 1/4" short. I will have to add a link therefore I will require two master links.

Will using two rivet master links on my chain be that bad? I talked to a drag racer that is putting close to 300hp to the wheel and he says that he regularly uses 2 and sometimes even 3 due to the extended swing arm. I think that with the hp I am putting down I will surely be safe. Please offer your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
It will just fine :) I have done it before

·
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R1RIDER said:
I think you'll be alright. Who is putting down 300hp ? Is it ted
Yes Vic it is Ted with his Turbo 'Busa. He is running 9.06 @ 156 but he is spinning half way down the track :lol .

·
I eat my R1
1,133 Posts
:confused: He had bought the busa before I left and he told me that he had a turbo to install. He actually did it then, well when you own your own bike shop then you can do that type of stuff:) Is any1 beating him. Has andy finished his busa with the turbo on it.

·
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the two master links on and took her for a ride and I am quite pleased with the increased performance, especially for the money spent on the conversion kit $208 after taxes.

AFAM 16t steel front
Stealth 46t rear
DID ERV2 520 w/ 2 master links :2bitchsla

·
SPIDEY's BACK!
132 Posts
WOW! 2 master links? Should be fine.....hmm, but if you was one potagee, your whole chain would be made up of master links! hahaha!

·
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SPIDEYR1 said:
WOW! 2 master links? Should be fine.....hmm, but if you was one potagee, your whole chain would be made up of master links! hahaha!
Pheww I thought I was one for having two :lol . Guess I am safe now :D .

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Hmmm... This sounds very familiar!

<--------Purchased 3 brand new chains before I figured it out.....:crash

·
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R1Fanatic said:
Hmmm... This sounds very familiar!

<--------Purchased 3 brand new chains before I figured it out.....:crash
:lol

I think I would have gotten it right the first time. I will certainly not deal with this again - never. I got so :rant that I learned a lesson that I will not forget. I should have gone with my first instinct. Live and learn I suppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts