Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just picked up a high mileage new to me 2003 R1 that seems to run great. While i’ve been putting all new parts on it (the whole drivetrain) I came across a snapped chain tensioner bolt inside the swingarm. How would I go about extracting it? Punch, pilot hole, and left hand extractor bit? Also, what is the thread pitch of that hole/bolt? I need to know so I can re-tap the hole. Is there anything that would aid me in extracting the bolt out of there?

Mostly looking for the thread pitch of the bolt and hole’s thread size. Thanks!!

· Registered
1998 R1
51 Posts
Hello all,

Just picked up a high mileage new to me 2003 R1 that seems to run great. While i’ve been putting all new parts on it (the whole drivetrain) I came across a snapped chain tensioner bolt inside the swingarm. How would I go about extracting it? Punch, pilot hole, and left hand extractor bit? Also, what is the thread pitch of that hole/bolt? I need to know so I can re-tap the hole. Is there anything that would aid me in extracting the bolt out of there?

Mostly looking for the thread pitch of the bolt and hole’s thread size. Thanks!!
On my '98 they are M8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts