Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was riding I just took the bike out for a test ride after completing a stator r/r install ,the bike still doesnt cahrge past 13 volts at 2500- 5000 rpm but it rides fine and the haywire instument cluster doesnt, go crazy.do you think its the battery even though i charged it.maybe its not an accurate volt meter.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill get another vlot meter and try charging the battery if no luck i will get a new battery .

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
check regulator rectifier. if its gotten hot, the terminal coulda melted causing it not to charge. its expensive, but when i pulled the plug out and mine it was gummed up and i cleaned it and plug it in and woolaaah i got charging back

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced my stator and the r/r both from ricks motorsports .I believe the stator is rebuilt since the metal blades have scuffs on them, and ther is no epoxy on the copper wires,it seems like this was rewound. It should still work though .I doubt its defective,

I checked all my connections the stator connection was a little dirty mainly on the outside of the plug, inside seemed fine contacts were clean, and not burned . I applied dieelectric to them but I did not clean it. r/r connections look fine.

My bike runs fine but I did not ride for a long period of time,if the volt meter says its not charging I dont want to risk it and continue riding only to get stuck .

·
Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
Ricks builds his own stators so the scuffs are normal. But new or rewound is the same thing anyway.

Were the connector lead wires the same gauge as the OEM wires?

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the r/r was aftermarket "SUN" brand , and the bike is a 2000 with 8000 miles

·
Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
Ok. If you have a consistent 13V with the bike running, your battery and charging system are probably ok, but the r/r might not be providing enough voltage. I had an aftermarket r/r I put on an R6 that produced about 13.0V at idle, 13.5V at 3000 rpm, and 13.0V over 5000 rpm. That was no good. So I tossed it and got an OEM.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have thew same problem my bike wont charge I unplugged the stator wires and get .05--.06 ohms from all 3 stator wires .It bounces alot this was taken near the plug end

The grummet end by the actual srtator case reads .02 /.04 /05 ohms

I cant get a acv reading its at 0 .it should be at 60 acv

My battery replaced with interstate battery , stator and r/r were replaced by ricksmotorsports units, and I just put in a new battery today . System charges at 12.35 5000rpm my r/r positve lead wire is intact but looks a little brown though the wire looks o.k.

Should I clip the plug and use individual connecters to the r/r? what fuses should I look for it is a maze of wires ?

Any advice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts