Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
That one even made our morning news here in FL .

·
Redlinin'
1,420 Posts
No helmet, no license, absolutely no common sense. Once again, I hate to hear of someone losing his life riding, but that chap got exactly what he was asking for.:2bitchsla

·
perpetual 15 minute break...
319 Posts
The guy was an idiot:no but maybe the cop should have realized this and given up. He had absolutely no gear on (or at least it looked like he didnt?) and the chase was either going to end like it did, or the guy would just get away, and in either case the cop still wouldn't have made an arrest. It's not like he was going to change his mind in the middle of fleeing from the police and say to himself "maybe I should just pull over right now"

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
Don't even begin to say the cop should have done this or that. This idiot was given a chance to pull over.

The cop didn't pull up next to him and say "Run or die buddy"

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
If you run thats the risk you take. However I don't think cops should chase for the simple fact that it puts many inocent people in danger, it's one thing for the rider who is in the wrong to get injured; but it would be a shame to have someone else injured in the pursuit.

Chances are if the cops let the guy go they'll be scraping him off the next corner with a shovel anyway.

·
wh00p!
412 Posts
windchaser:

hey, did you ever get my PMs? if you didn't let me know, haha, since I didnt get a reply I didn't know or not.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
He paid the ultimate price. If people like him choose to ride with
out gear there is nothing me or you can do about it. Many new
squids don't understand what a fall is all about. Most of these
idiots will learn the hard way. He probably didn't really know
how to ride a sportbike in the first place other than show off.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Too bad. He didn't need to die. It's not about him now. It's his love ones. It looks like he can't ride well either. Chase was on...because rider couldn't get away.

Still feel sorry for his family.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts