Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
R1 n00b
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my 05 R1 got stolen i've been looking at getting another R1.

it'll be an 04-06 model.

i've shopped around for carbon fibre parts. mainly all this.

Carbon Petrol tank cover ?149.99
CARBON ENGINE PROTECTORS KIT ?125.93
CARBON AIR INTAKES TUBES INLETS ?98.49
CARBON FRAME COVERS PROTECTORS ?99.67
CARBON FAIRING STAY BRACKET SUPPORT ?98.49
CARBON FRONT FENDER MUDGUARD HUGGER ?99.67
CARBON REAR HUGGER MUDGUARD FENDER ?91.47
CARBON RACE FAIRING BODYWORK ?399.49
CARBON RACE SEAT TAIL UNDERTRAY ?239.46
CARBON SWINGARM COVERS PROTECTORS ?89.23

he can do it me all for ?1200 (?2400 to you yanks) delivered.

all the items are here

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MOTORACE-C..._W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ8473558QQftidZ2QQtZkm

BUT, can any of your places in America beat those prices? or should I snap his hand off.

·
R1 n00b
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm, why can't you do a pound sign on this forum?

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
some nice parts. :fact Quality will be more important than price :fact.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
OPPracing is really good!:)

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
Do a search on here--quality looks really awesome.

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
Prices look really good, been shopping around myself and if the quality is there I'd go for it. OPP is reliable as well at least for price comparison.

·
R1 n00b
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW

just checked OPP and they look good.

may be changing my plans now.

thanks guys.

·
Save the Wrld from bad design
468 Posts
Anyone saying OPP is quality Carbon is not an owner of OPP carbon. Do they have a lot of Carbon goods??? Answer - YES Is it quality?? - Absolutely not.. All of OPP pieces are short on resin. Need pics???

·
468 Posts
I'll sell you my whole kit.. Endurance tank and carbon gas cap included.. Make an offer.

·
R1 n00b
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can you show me pics?

why are you so disappointed?

·
468 Posts
i'll post some this weekend.. just do a search on the forum. I think I posted before. If not, I'll put some up.

·
Beating a dead horse.
4,011 Posts
I have heard too many horror stories to ever go with OPP. These Ebay CF parts look nice, but I bet you there will be some fitment issues with them.

If you want beauty and quality go for either Dynomite CF or Magical Racing CF. Just ask rorlow here on the from; he can tell you all about those two companies and their carbon fiber.

·
468 Posts
A. You can see right through the carbon and in most pieces there are pin holes straight through the pieces
B. The amount of pinholes which OPP claims is 99% pinhole free - I counted over 6,000 pinholes on one piece. Sent the piece back and same issue with the new piece. OPP claimed that the piece was near pinhole free. It looked like swiss cheese.
C. HORRIBLE customer service. These guys don't know their ass from their elbow. They make up claims to sell products.
D. Unreliable, Unrealistic claims about inventory and expecatation of delivery. If you don't have it, say so.
E. Back to Point A. The quality is HORRIBLE... Ebay Carbon is higher quality than these guys. I purchased a ZX10R fender just to compare to my R1 fender from OPP. Absolutely no comparison. The finish on the no name from Ebay was
a. Lighter
b. Show finish quality
c. was ready to paint
d. Cheaper in price
e. reasonable shipping.

The only way I would suggest anyone to purchase parts from OPP is because of fitment and because not many vendors selling carbon body. UNFORTUNATELY.

·
468 Posts
never had any fitment issues with the pieces I purchased on ebay.. Same pieces that all the other distributors have. Majority the retailers purchase from the same manufacturers and relabel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.