Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here. I just bought a 2013 r1 got round 200 miles on it I did a small wheelie in first and right after I did the check engine light came on. I stopped and shut the bike off and it went away. So I kept riding and then later I did another small wheelie in first and the light can on shut the bike off and it was gone. Dose anyone know why this would be happening? Or has anyone had this happen?

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
dibs on parts...and to the OP...can you send me your SSN so I can take out a life insurance policy? PRM enabled with 200 miles under your belt on this bike :shake
Hence the wheelie problem :yesnod

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
Its the TCS, bike will run perfectly normal with the engine light on if triggered by the TCS. As you found out, turning the key off resets the light. If code 69 comes up, turn off key, then ride bike 15-20 ft. and the code will go away. Its the TCS sensors detecting a problem, that would be you doing a wheelie and the wheels moving at different speeds. I generally ride in TCS levels 1-3 and the engine light does not come on after a wheelie, turn the TCS down or off for wheelies.

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol. 200 miles is more then enoufe for the rigs and valves to set in. And it was not the TCS I turn it off for wheelies. The TCS will not let wheelies happen if left on. It did not show a code that I saw. It goes in Tuesday for its 600 miles service. It has only came on those two times. And since then I have done 2nd and third gear stand up wheelies for about a mile. So I'm not sure what it seen but I'll let you guys know Tuesday. What ever it is if anything its under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
DouglasyzfR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing