Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha Ha! The lucky guy is me. Went to the dealer 3 weeks ago and they said it was going to be April before the bike showed up. Got home tonight and there was a message on my machine saying that the bike was in and I should come see it because it's beautiful! So I grabbed my digital camera and tore off to grab some pics!!!! Now they are going to store it for me until the salt/sand is off the roads. :cryin Oh my god!!!!! When will Spring be here?!?!?!?!?!? The fit, finish and attention to detail are just amazing on this machine. A full ride report and videos will be coming but not for at least a month.Well enjoy the pics, sorry they aren't great but I dropped the resolution to help keep 'em small! Oh, by the way Smokeater, eat your heart out!!!! LOL Just kidding I'm a little jealous of your Mille R. But only a little!

P.J.

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Congratulations man! Your wait is over.. but now there is another waiting to do.. for this terrible winter to end and let spring arrive with its warm air and sunny weather. Go away winter! You are ruining our lifes!!

It's -7.7c here.. :(( it will be cold for another week with snow. Yucky ugh :ugh

Oh, thanks for having in mind to get some video footage of the bike. :yesnod

· 988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Sw33t bike pjf02 :rock :rock :rock

· I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Answers to questions:

Sly- YES! That new bike smell should be bottled so I could spray it all over my house!;)

JuttsR1- I live in Maine. I had been told April for delivery but this was a pleasant surprise.

Hurricane350- The dealer was Friend and Friend in Ellsworth Maine. I paid full retail of $10,300. But I seriously doubt that there are many deal to be found out there. By the way, I GLADLY paid full retail. Some dealers are gouging customers so I didn't feel to bad. They have one or two other R1's but I got the only silver one. If your dying for a sillver R1 then get in touch with Smokeater, he had an 02 R1 in silver on order but bought an Aprilia Mille R instead. He was asking if anyone wanted the bike before he cancelled his order.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention how sweet the bike actually looks in person as compared to internet and magazine photos. The silver color appears to be more platinum than silver. The bike is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! The owner of the shop came up to look at it with me and he was very impressed as well. Damn, I wish I could ride right now, if I could then sitting here in front of the computer is not what I would be doing!!!

P.J.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.