Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has a wedding to go to in Florida, and she really wants me to come. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a plane ticket and I cannot accept her offer to buy me the ticket. So I was thinking that I go down there on a Thursday morning and arrive at night. Do you guys think i'll regret that long of a trip on the ONE? 16 hours straight?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
YOULL BE FINE...!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously? I know 6 hours in a car is a little annoying, but is 16-18 hours on a bike like the r1 a real biotch?

·
WTF!
510 Posts
Read the latest issue of Motorcyclist Magazine. There is a story about a trip from California to Wisconsin on a R1.:bow

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
14 hours on the 1 is much better for me than 6 hours in the cage. Have you factored in the cost of tires for this trip. That may cost as much as the ticket.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, forgot about tire wear. That's about a 3000 mile round trip isn't it. Hmmmm......I have pirelli diablo corsas on now.......maybe I should buy a set of sport touring tires?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
RIDE THEM TO THE WIRES... YOULL FIND CHEAP TIRES IN FLORIDA!

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Go for it! you only live once bro :rock :rock

·
Beer me
3,889 Posts
Dude, dig up the $200 for the tickets. New tires alone are going to cost that much. Not to mention the hundred bucks you'll spend in gas. And believe me, your ass will thank you for it!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmmm.....maybe I can go for the record setting Chicago to Florida stand up Wheelie :rock

Well, what do you guys think about theft in Florida, I'm only going to be there a couple of nights and I have an alarm, two disc locks, a chain, and a kryptonite cable.

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
WHERE IN fLORIDA ? UP NORTH BIKE THEFT IS WORSE THAN DOWN SOUTH.

STAND UP WHEELIE. YOULL END UP BUYING A NEW ENGINE :lol

·
04 R1
104 Posts
Cons: Tires, Gas, Speeding Tickets, Oil Change, Depreciation Value due to mileage, weather variables, accidents, plus you'll be extremely tired when you get there.

Pros: :dunno: Bragging rights?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I'll be going to Altamonte Springs, seems like it's a bit north of Orlando, do you guys think i'll have problems parking it and locking it for two nights?

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
NOPE. NICE AREA!

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Last year, a forum member rode from Chicago to Vegas, and back on his '02 R1. It's possible, but you're going to have a lot of work ahead of you.
Make sure you plan a very good route, and keep your AAA card with you in case you run into any problems.

Good luck!

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
RIDE THEM TO THE WIRES... YOULL FIND CHEAP TIRES IN FLORIDA!
*LMAO*

you wont be fine man..

cough up the money for the airline tix..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure about this anymore, some responses are discouraging and some are encouraging

Well, I know that forum member Draggin (I actually bought his R1) made a trip from Chicago to Deal's Gap on the exact same bike. Am I really up against something that would be more easily done in a cage?

·
Dallas, Texas.
66 Posts
I've done 1700 miles in 23 hours and 46 minutes on my GSXR1000.
THAT was tough.

... but I have no problem banging out 3000 miles in 3 days if I prepare for it.

Some of my LD stories are at www.edwardwalker.com
Visited 41 states on it so far :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts