Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a new '03 R1 in the next two weeks. What is the best front wheel chock for the bike? Baxley looks good. What else is out there?

Also, which are the best swing arm spindles? I see in the ads that Yamaha is using one with their symbol on it. Are they available to the public? Are they any good? I'd be using the spindles with my Pit Bull Track stand.

Thanks.

Mark

P.S. Is there such a thing as a swing arm slider (like a frame slider)? I've seen reference to it recently in magizines. Also, what are the best (race quality) frame sliders?

·
268 Posts
In terms of wheel chocks I have been very happy with one called the pit stop found at www.condor-lift.com and in terms of frame slides and swing arm sliders I have been very happy with the set that forum member earache makes.

Larry

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
martinc said:
Yes,they are bigger that conventional spools and will protect your swinger in the event of a slide.....numerous places sells them.
Martinc:

Not sure I'm underastanding you. Do you mean that there is a kind of spool, a larger version of a spool, that also acts as a swing arm slider/protector? Is that right? Do you have name brands?

Thanks guys.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Mark618 said:
Martinc:

Not sure I'm underastanding you. Do you mean that there is a kind of spool, a larger version of a spool, that also acts as a swing arm slider/protector? Is that right? Do you have name brands?

Thanks guys.
I had the Yamaha ones, and they worked fine.
I got rid of them when i bought sliders for my bike.
AS far as sliders go, you can get swigarm sliders from tons of places. Try Shogun, Intuitive, Graves, etc.
A forum member named Earache, also make so very nice ones.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts