Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Las Vages and two days ago I went to purchase an R1. Come to find out there are no 04 R1's to be purchased and every dealership is Vegas is sold out until April. Let alone they will want nearly $11k for one. Well, can't wait, so instead I got a gixxer1000. Sorry guys, I had to settle for less. Someday I will catch up to you guys . . . Be safe.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
daffy811 said:
I live in Las Vages and two days ago I went to purchase an R1. Come to find out there are no 04 R1's to be purchased and every dealership is Vegas is sold out until April. Let alone they will want nearly $11k for one. Well, can't wait, so instead I got a gixxer1000. Sorry guys, I had to settle for less. Someday I will catch up to you guys . . . Be safe.

Well...what year did you get...color etc? If I were to be in the market for a new bike like that...I would be waiting till the prices come down on them. I want to see what the new G1k in 05 will have...I already have a G1k...which I hardly ride anymore...they are great bikes and you can't go wrong with either the R1 or the G1k. Good luck with your bike!! :hellobye

·
Arr Wun.
248 Posts
good things come to those who wait. :fact :no

...but i'm sure its still a sweet bike! have fun.

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
rgr that..

Short term pain.. for long term gain man...

there's a reason a lot of us put down our deposit in October of last year...
Good luck...

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
So you joined the forum to tell us that :confused

99% of the folks here dont care what ya ride aslong as you ride :thumbup and in all reality the G1K is a sweet ass bike wqith gobs of power :rock

·
Squid'o'tron
1,366 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 1k bikes from the last few years. As long as you got what you want, ride and be happy.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
daffy811 said:
There all good !!! I want one of each ! gixxers are awesome ! Ride well...........have fun :thumbup :riding :rock

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
yet at bike: it still says 2004 R1... having second thoughts or......?

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Enjoy your Gixxer.....now you can join another forum too....

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :fact Congrats on the Zook purchase. The
bike is a screamer, so becareful on it. If I had the money I would
have a sport bike from all of the big four.

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
cowboychrisd said:
Enjoy your Gixxer.....now you can join another forum too....
and remember... make sure you keep all their negativity about us, and our fancy scmanshy bike.. OVER THERE....:fact

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Not because it was a Zook but because you compromised on what you wanted. Hope you still enjoy it.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Shadow R One said:
So you joined the forum to tell us that :confused

99% of the folks here dont care what ya ride aslong as you ride :thumbup and in all reality the G1K is a sweet ass bike wqith gobs of power :rock
true

·
Registered
105 Posts
yamahas catch my eye. undertail exhaust is the wave of the future, but if you have a bike then you ride the bike when you are in love on a bike then it is the ONE. (THE R1) or gixxer

congrad on the new bike dawg hope to see you on the road soon:thumbup

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.:riding I love mine and have not had a problem with it yet. Still want an R1 though they are just sexy as hell. I need a million :dollar to buy all the bikes that I want.

·
I should be riding
628 Posts
Welcome!
I traded my 2001 GSX1000R for my 2002 R1. In all honesty, I missed the gut wrenching power the GSX had. The 1 is way to sexy to give up. I'm happy the 04's now has the power to beat my old GSX.

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
:hellobye

Welcome and congrats on your new bike. I'm sure you'll have a crapload of fun on it! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts