Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been watching ch 42 here, discovery ch. and they been having chopper build offs, indian larry, west coast choppers and choppers inc.. killer machines, i almost want to ride one, maybe as a second bike, the looks are growing on me. i used to hate them, but after watching these shows, how they build them, how they come together... awesome stuff.
any one else like them?
and don't waste your time with, they don't turn worth a hoot.. i know that!

·
Protected By GLOCK
759 Posts
Not a bike fan of choppers in general, but i do like custom bikes alot I like the mad max bike these guys got!!
www.exilecycles.com

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
I like to look at the new and different ideas they come up with, but i'd never own one for two reasons.

1. They don't ride (or turn) worth a shiat most of the time :)finger)

2. I couldn't afford the ones i want anyway. :crash

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sorry, customs as well, to me customs and choppers were the same till i started watching this, the long, low, big angle bikes are cool. (customs) i also like what indian larry does. whats with the cluch, its not on the bar, is under his left leg or something,, and no front break? whats the deal?
im kinda a nubie to this tipe of biking.

·
10,685 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
oh sorry, customs as well, to me customs and choppers were the same till i started watching this, the long, low, big angle bikes are cool. (customs) i also like what indian larry does. whats with the cluch, its not on the bar, is under his left leg or something,, and no front break? whats the deal?
im kinda a nubie to this tipe of biking.
Left foot clutch, left hand shift, right foot brake, and trust me, they F**k with you big time kfor a while trying to ride them. Took me about 20 mins to get coordinated when i rode one, an old indian chief, i felt like such a tard trying to drive it, i finally gave up a switched back with the guy, but boy did i look cool just ttolin down the road! (until i had to stop or shift or anything!)

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some 15 year old got to help his bor make a custom. damn thing was beautiful, got his name on it and everything, 15 years old!
think the guy was paul from westcoast choppers. i think that would be one of the coolest things to do, make your own bike.

·
10,685 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
some 15 year old got to help his bor make a custom. damn thing was beautiful, got his name on it and everything, 15 years old!
think the guy was paul from westcoast choppers. i think that would be one of the coolest things to do, make your own bike.
Yep, the "Cody Project"

They sold the bike at bike week tho.
But his name was on the air cleaner, and chickies were diggin it and asking for autographs.

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe thats why i like em so much! for the chicks.
i just hink it would be fun to build the damn things, dont you think? make it look how ever you want it to look!

·
10,685 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
maybe thats why i like em so much! for the chicks.
i just hink it would be fun to build the damn things, dont you think? make it look how ever you want it to look!
Maybe, but it takes a lot more than they show, and one hell of a machine shop, not to mention some serious jack!!!

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i fell in love with the jack when they lower the bike, that sound turns me on. and i know, the shops are damn cool. tools = bling.

·
10,685 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
i fell in love with the jack when they lower the bike, that sound turns me on. and i know, the shops are damn cool. tools = bling.
Ummm I meant jack as in $$$$$$.

Funny tho, very funny! :lol

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
im not a big fan of the 'true' choppers like the ones Indian Larry builds... and the Jesse James versions are kinda ovredone (if that makes sense)

I do, however, like these - www.walz-hardcore-cycles.com

heres a preview

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
:hellobye

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Hey Vin, it's a highly modified Warrior:rock :bow

I knew the tank, frame, and motor looked familiar.....LOL

Wants me this one though

http://www.rswarrior.com/members/Monster/original_1.JPG

I'm not real big on the big rake, ape hanger choppers. I think of the shops I have at least watched, Orange County makes the coolest ones in my book. Pretty slick.

·
YZF-R1 Yamaha
291 Posts
I like those Walz choppers. Thats going to be my next project. Here's mine I built. It was easy to build, saved $$$, had a blast building it, didn't need many fancy tools, ride is awesome, heavy but the 100hp helps, has a lot of torque. I like all types of bikes, dirt, street, custom. I don't think I'll ever own a "Harley" though. I think they are freekin ugly in stock form. Maybe a customized one.

By the way you can buy my chopper on Cycle Trader.

Attachments

·
It's possible to push so I win
183 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
ive been watching ch 42 here, discovery ch. and they been having chopper build offs, indian larry, west coast choppers and choppers inc.. killer machines, i almost want to ride one, maybe as a second bike, the looks are growing on me. i used to hate them, but after watching these shows, how they build them, how they come together... awesome stuff.
any one else like them?
and don't waste your time with, they don't turn worth a hoot.. i know that!
Good call. Prior to watching the Discovery channel, I in my ignorance dismissed such machines as bloated, self-indulgent creations more resembling oil tankers than motorcycles. Boy, was I wrong. They are truly beautiful creations. I especially liked Indian Larry and Billy Lane's approaches. Stunning. Some day I'd like to own one of those bad boys.

·
R1
6 Posts
I work for a preowned cycle dealer in Milwaukee, and we get a lot of customs in on consignment I get a chance to ride some of the $30,000+ prize winning customs some of the are very fast but as mentioned they turn like crap I haven't been on one yet that could turn very smooth, but it you are lookin for a cool ass cruiser there are a lot of them out there

here are two of my favs that we have on the floor

This one is a hard tail a pain in the ass to ride

If I had the money I would buy this one!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts