Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas everyone. Just wanted to show off my new toy! A brand new Compaq Presario 700 laptop, woohoo! 900 Mhz Duron processor, 256 MB ram, 20 GB hard drive, dvd-rom and loaded with Windows XP. :yesnod It rocks!!! Now all I need is a wireless network setup for my DSL connection and I can surf the web from anywhere in the house! This machine seems way faster than my current set up which is a 550 Mhz PIII, 128 MB ram. Download speeds seem so fast. And I thought they were fast when I switched to DSL but the new machine just seems much faster. Well anyway Merry Christmas, wish my new R1 was here and then I wouldn't know what to do with my time, compute or ride?!?!?!! Later.

P.J.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
That's awesome man! Congrats on it. But one thing is missing.. "R1-Forum.com" on that monitor!!!! :rolleyes: :D

I had a laptop myself once.. but apparently it was stolen. I noticed that when I called Dell and asked for service on it. They never phoned back. so I phoned Them back and well.. they just told me to wait (sounded very suspicious). So a week or so later the police knocks at the front door and.. (i lived at my parents house then) and my mom open. She said "Johnny, what have you done now!? The cops are here...." and I: "What.. stop joking!" Mom: "No, but come down here Now!! ".. and I walk down and she were so correct.. Two cops were there.. asking me about a laptop that I have. But they actually were not thinking of me as a suspect, or the one that stole it.. seeing.. I don't look like a theif :cool:
After this.. this company in Stockholm, where I bought it, started to call me personally @ home telling me that they would have to sue me. And I like "what?!?!?!?" .. we argued a whole lot and eventually I said that I'd file a report for harrazment and ask for money.. this stopped them for a day.. but once again called back. So later on I went to the polce and told them to take care of these nut heads.. and finally they did. LOL

The guy that I bought the laptop didn't look "criminal" to me.. when I met him. But now, when I think about it again.. everything was VERY odd and .. thought through on his part.. he was a foreign and spoke some weird Taliban language in his cellphone ...

Oh well. Just wanted to say that. HAHA.. I bet you're :sleep by now :cryin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts