Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it seems like yesterday we were celebrating Y2k. Now it's almost Christmas time for Y2k1. If you are like me you're craving parts and accesories for your R1.:D So, what are the hot items everyone is asking for? Post the top 5 items you would like to have for Christmas this year (within reason) and let's see what's hot and what's not in the accessories department! Here's mine in no specific order.

1. Exhaust System w/ Jet Kit (oh how I've had enough of the stock sound!)

2. Corbin saddle

3. White tach face plate

4. New leather jacket

5. Hmm...maybe some strobes

I reserve the right to change my options. :p

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I found a good deal on SS brake lines with the colored outer plastic coating... the are super sharp. I paid 110 for the set at http://www.hardracing.com/Brakes/GalferLines.htm so that may be another sweet thing to buy. I also just got my rear cowl... very smooth. Although it is a lot heavier than I thought it would be.

Any one else got any leads to some good deals ?

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
1. My Ass to heal. This darn surgery is making my life really bad.. and oh man! it hurts.. it actually hurts so much that I have to go to bed now..

2. Steering damper
3. Jet-kit
4. New chain and sprockets
5. The rest of the stickers (YZF and R1)
6. World peace :makeout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Christmas yeah

I'm a beginner in this area, chatting and owning a motorcycle. Going to get mine R1 later this week, Friday or Saturday. It's a blue -01. I haven't had much sleep last 2-3 weeks. That will make my Christmas...

58 Posts
Re: Christmas yeah

nordic said:
I'm a beginner in this area, chatting and owning a motorcycle. Going to get mine R1 later this week, Friday or Saturday. It's a blue -01. I haven't had much sleep last 2-3 weeks. That will make my Christmas...
Is your new bike equipped with studded tires, or do you take the trailer to pick it up?

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
New blue R1

:girl

A few words from the wise....
Remember, when you pick up the new motorcyle, listen to what your dealer has to say. The most important thing to do is take it easy, until you get some wear on the tires, or else you'll be kissing assphalt.

New tires are incredibly slick when you leave the dealership, so don't be goosing it around coners! The best thing to do is bring some light sandpaper with you. Give your tires a good rub down. Who knows what they drove your new bike through in the shop.

Once your tires are worn...she's all yours

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Burnout

On the other hand.....

If you so desire, a lovely burnout, possibly a beautiful smiley face on the parking lot.......would definitely do the trick much faster than sandpaper!

:D

Oh yeah baby

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. Make sure you give the tires at least 100 miles before aggressive riding. I had a nasty tank slapper one time as a result of loosing my rear end making a STUPID move! Needless to say I blew through an intersection. Luckily no cars were coming. :no

·
My insurance eats me...
243 Posts
My wishlist:

1. Hot Bodies Racing undertail
2. Carbon Frame Guards
3. Orange Powder Coated Rims w/ Orange accent deacls from Tape Werks (saw it in a mag, looks phat!)
4. Stainless Steel Lines w/ Braking pads
5. Tires, lots and lots of tires

Speaking of new tires, my buddy toasted his '01 R1 coming out of the parking lot of the dealership. He had about 0.02 miles on it and whamo- $1500 in new bodywork and a wadded pipe. Take warning, release compound in new tires is SLICK, especially when its cold and trying to hook 130 hp to the pavement.

Merry Christmas!

·
Forum chick
344 Posts
You have to have Santa to do a Christmas list, LtdR1Ryder! And a tree!!!
:)
/\
/\
/\ Okay. There is the tree. I moved it from the site feedback section. It was heavy, but I managed all by myself! And Santa finally made it to the forum!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.