Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
My insurance company eats me.
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if i overlooked a post or thread that answers my questions, i searched for a couple hours last night and just have a couple quick ones...polish or chrome, or a combination (if combo what where and why?)? i've done a little polishing before but what's the best method? i've never messed anything up polishing it, but from what i have found people who try to polish their bikes usually end up screwing them up and making it look worse...don't know how. i never messed with chrome until my truck wheels so i don't know much about that stuff. i want to do most of the obvious stuff...all pegs, levers, frame/subframe, swingarm, and wheels. thanks for any help...jc

oh yeah, one more...has anyone tried that moto-chrome(.com) system? seems kinda shady to me, like they're leaving out details or something...???:boobies :rock :boobies

·
Registered
278 Posts
My father polishes molds for a living. When I asked him about chroming he told me to have it polished then chomed. The reason is that polishing gets the surface as smooth as possible. Then when you chrome it it should come out perfect ie: no scratches, messy looking welds or any other imperfections. And the maintince on chrome is so much easier than polishing. Polished aluminuim tarnishes after you wash it and don't dry it after. Then it gets all cloudy and you have clean it (brain fart I can't remember what you clean it with, I think its Mother's polishing compound).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts