Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
15,000 Feet and falling....
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see some pics of your chrome rims. Where did you get them and how's the quality.

I'm looking to get some but I need to find somewhere that will send me the chrome rims first and than I send my rims. Or just buy the chrome rims all together.

Help me out and lets see those aftermarket rims. :boobies

·
Top Gun
2,582 Posts
i am very interested in doing alot of chrome to my r1 i have it stretched and lowered now .. i wanna start chroming but i wanna start with the rims first.. so i do wanna see some chrome wheels and how the quality is.. i cant find any shops here in Jacksonville Florida.. they all send em out or somehtin

·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know i'm with ya. I just cant have my bike without wheels for any period of time either. I wouldn't have anywhere to keep my bike. That's why I need to do a reverse exchange. I'm having a tough time finding someone interested.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
none of those chrome platers would do a reverse exchange because they would be affraid of somebody sending them junk wheels... they want your wheels first so they can carefully inspect them...

good luck....

IXI

·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that but if I sent extra money (rim cost or whatever)as a security deposit I don't see the problem. :dunno

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
that may work...

IXI

·
WHERE'D WHO GO?
1,273 Posts
I have been waiting for mine for a while..

Edit: they look good. I just got them back

·
Find me over on sportbikes.ws!
33 Posts
Frontside720 said:
Lets see some pics of your chrome rims. Where did you get them and how's the quality.

I'm looking to get some but I need to find somewhere that will send me the chrome rims first and than I send my rims. Or just buy the chrome rims all together.

Help me out and lets see those aftermarket rims. :boobies
Probably not much help to you, but I had a local shop chrome mine. Sure, I was without my wheels for a bit, but it was over the winter, so I wasn't riding anyway...

Attachments

·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good how much did it cost you?

·
33 Posts
Frontside720 said:
Looks good how much did it cost you?
$600.

One thing to keep in mind...I was told alot of places do not remove the bearings before plating. It's definitely a good idea to remove before plating, so you can easily replace them. The guy that did them for me guarantees them for life too...any peeling, discoloration, etc will be taken care of free...

·
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$600 seems to be on the high end from what I have seen lately but you can't put a price on a gaurantee. Good Job they look great!

·
33 Posts
Frontside720 said:
$600 seems to be on the high end from what I have seen lately but you can't put a price on a gaurantee. Good Job they look great!
Guarantee plus this included unmounting of the tires, new bearings and remounting/balancing... Plus I had the benefit of knowing these are still my wheels - they weren't swapped with someone else's...

·
Registered
193 Posts
bwalker said:
I have been waiting for mine for a while.. DO NOT GO TO SPORTCHROME!!!!! That is my only advise.
Damn !!!

I hate to say it, but I guess you're seeing that what I told you about SportChrome was right!

Sorry to hear that you too, are having a bad experience with the assholes over at sport chrome. They suck in every way and need to be out of the business.

I'll say it too DO NOT USE SPORTCHROM.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you have had a bad experience with them tell everyone you know. File a report with the B.B.B so others wont be taken too.

Good luck!

·
WHERE'D WHO GO?
1,273 Posts
unfortunately, My stuff had already been sent when I found out about them. That was in January.

·
Banned
152 Posts
bwalker said:
I have been waiting for mine for a while.. DO NOT GO TO SPORTCHROME!!!!! That is my only advise.
I second that sportchrome sucks!!!! The owner is a DICK and they don't take the time to sand all the way down to a fine enought grit to keep these lines from showing thru the chrome. I bitched because he had my wheels for 6 weeks and he told me if I wasn't happy with what was going on he would send them back to me in there copper state (second step before chrome goes on) he's a bitch and I hope he reads this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts