Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,228 Posts
i'm really a very very nice guy, but looking at that bike kinda made me mad. at least a little bit upset.

i like to see nice bikes. and i like appearance mods, but that bike screams 'SQUID' to me.

i don't really know, but i imagine that pipe robs horsepower. and IMHO, the bike is actually ugly.

sorry if someone else likes it and i'm insulting them. it's just REALLY not to my liking.

:no :no :no

· R1 Gives You Wings!!!
302 Posts
The bike is nice. I like "show bikes" , but I'd never own one. I think it takes away from what the bike is built to do. I had a GSXR-750 that was all chromed out with this and that and I actually hated to ride it after it was finished. Too much of a pain in the ass cleaning it after a ride and too afraid of dropping it to really enjoy riding. My R1 has handling/performance mods only. Plus, the R1 is sexy as is.:rock

· This...is a...a...suck!
1,268 Posts
I think that the exhaust takes away from the appearance. Other stuff is nice though.

· Registered
284 Posts
Not too thrilled about that bike. :confused: I think its kinda biting off too much off a Agusta with the wheels and pooper-scooper style underseat exhaust. If I had that bike, I would of went with a Boss or Dynomite underseat pipes instead.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
DriZay,

eh. like i said. it's just my opinion - which doesn't really carry much weight in the grand scheme of things.

anyway, i look at the mods and i just don't see much performance-wise. the single-sided swingarm looks great, but doesn't improve handling. prolly cost a ton, too. the chrome is for show only - even chromed out the bar ends. chromed/polished wheels - nothing wrong with that, but it is just for show. the pipe design is totally for show and is likely decreasing performance.

now don't get me wrong, i can appreciate things done for aesthetics and show. that's part of why i chose the r1 over a gixxer or 954 - looks are important. but that's kinda squidly to me. when i put flush mounts on my bike, that's the squidly part of me showing. nothing wrong with that. this bike has a LOT of stuff done for show and not for performance. hence, it 'screams' squidly to me.

know what i mean?

9,408 Posts
People....

stop hatin this guys phat ass R1. Who cares if it's not full akrapovic with all the GP mods, the bike is beautiful in itself. Any1 of U would love 2 have that bike! Besides that, sssarms reduce weight, thats a plus and the underseat exhaust is custom work. How do u know what the dyno curve is 4 that exhaust. The only thing that worries me about it is the heat generated under the tail. Hope it doesn't start 2 melt it.

Give props where props R do, stop hatin, Phat ass R1!!!!!!!!!

Ohh, and PS, I don't C any chicken strips on the rear either....

· ÆNIMA
200 Posts
That swing arm looks a little on the skimpy side to me, but I honestly could not attest to it's rigidity. That all depends on materials used, how it was manufactured, and how well it was designed and engineered.

I give the exhaust an A+ for originality. Aesthetics are a very subjective quality. Just not my type of exhaust, but kudos for being inventive.

Nice to finally see a chromed '02 also. I'm still partial to the completely blacked out theme myself right now though. Thinking of maybe doing that with my '01 over the winter, but that's if I don't talk myself into get an '03 next year. I want fuel injection man!!!

Oh, and the slang word phat just sets off the squid warnings to me also. It simply smacks of riced out civics and non-turbo Eclipses with those stock asthmatic 4 bangers under the hood. Not calling anyone that uses that word a squid, I'm just saying when I hear it I just prepare for squidly behavior. So it's sort of counter-productive to go and use that word in an attempt to defend against squid accusations.

· Registered
1,228 Posts
some people like.

some people don't.

big deal?

i'm not hating anything. i even said the owner's choices were perfectly fine. just not to my specific liking. that's why i don't do the same mods.

and for those people that DO hate it. big deal?

please don't take any offense to my tastes or preferences. or anyone others for that matter. some people think i'm stupid for making performance mods to my bike since there is no way in the world that i can ride it anywhere near it's potential. they may even call me a poser ... they may even be right in their opinions ... eh, who cares?

we do what we want with our bikes and with our money. some people will like it, some won't. obviously the owner will do whatever he likes.
and that's all that matters.

· Registered
33 Posts
I think the bike, aside form the exhaust, looks incredible. Actually, the thing I find to be in poor taste is the huge, nasty R1 sticker mlafrance stuck on the side of his previously gorgeous bike. (look at his signature puicture)Why, WHy, Why? No offense to you buddy. It's just my opinion, but that ruins the looks of the bike.:no

· G Addict
2,849 Posts
I believe this guy fabricated his own exhaust & swing arm. He had a vision and made it happen. This guy loves his baby as much if not more than any of us. Think of the time he got to spend with his ONE. If you really look at the bike, I dont feel that he raped it. Nice clean job, and a tasteful touch of class with those mega MV Agusta rims. Lets see more dreams come to life.

· The ONE...
8 Posts
like many of you have said a peoples opinion does not really matter, so don't get offended then....
the bike was beautifull, i think the exhaust sucks really, as for the arms, like it has been asked, how rigid are they first r they well engineerd, r they at least as good as the originals, secondely, for the looks i don't think they fit in to the overall design of the bike, they seem to be rounding while the design of the bike is more of clean cut curves and they seem to me to look quit small.
now as for the crom, it is a show thing, it is more than for sure that i will not have it on my bike or any bike or car i will ever buy, but that is ME....
overall the bike is very ugly looknig today...:(
again don't take it personal...
got a keep the bike atleast as beautifull as it came....

· uwantnr1
92 Posts
Very nice. I don't know why some people can't appreciate it for what it is. The exhaust looks cool and matches the lines of the tail section. Some people....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.