Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Too Old For This!
271 Posts
WD-40 is for sissors! You want a clean chain lube that really won't fling off? Use Bel Ray's new formulation. It's white made from zink and it works. NO BS! I've ridden 36 years and 17 motorcycles and this is the first that stays where it's put. Really light oil and chemicals like WD-40 have no film strength and what doesn't fling off, evaporates.

· Too Old For This!
271 Posts
Pardon me...next time I'll use spell check! Chain care is right behind oil changes when it comes to old wives tales. One hard lesson I've learned is don't let Grunk anywhere near your bike especially the chain when you are cleaning it, use kerosene. If there is a chain care product on the market, I've tried it. The new Bel ray will keep your chain clean and lubricated. Most others wind up forming a huge glob of goo in the area of your countershaft spocket. And WD-40 is great stuff, but not on your chain. My primary use is to displace water on hand tools and cleaning my Ti exhaust system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.