Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
That's what the instructions say. I followed the youtube video and installed it the way you did at first.
Lots of techs are taught to install bolt and screw with the head up so if the nut does work its way loose the bolt will stay in the hole and not fall out. Aesthetically, I would personally install it screw side down and put some blue lock-tight on it.

· Greenfield, MN(55357)
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome looking R1

Is that the $885.00 rear seat cowl and the $94.00 rear seat cowl pad?

Thanks,

Tim
Hi Tim,
The one you have attached in your post is off of the "M" which is the carbon fiber cowl. The one I installed is the Yamaha Genuine Accessory seat cowl which was $275.00.

-John

· 8 more 2 go
63 Posts
AWESOME :)

John, thanks for the information.. When I saw that I almost fell out of my chair LOL.. $275 is about what I paid for my R6 Cowl so that's good...

Tim

Hi Tim,
The one you have attached in your post is off of the "M" which is the carbon fiber cowl. The one I installed is the Yamaha Genuine Accessory seat cowl which was $275.00.

-John

· Registered
485 Posts
What????????
Gravity sucks! LOL .... Aviation maintenance requires bolt heads to be installed heads up or facing forward so bolts, pins,etc. won't fall out as easily if the locking hardware vibrates loose and should fall out. Cotter pins, safety wire, etc...are used on all critical parts whenever possible. Most Racing techs are taught that too!... Becomes a habit. I wouldn't call a license plate bracket exactly critical so just use a little locktite and install it any way you want and call it good! ;) Like I said it becomes a habit, but it's a good one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.