Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 05 R1 in neutral i believe i am hearing clutch chatter, but when i pull the clutch lever in the sound goes away, the clutch is not slipping, is this normal?

·
Boosted 05 R1
15 Posts
Yes it is a normal noise, I have noticed the problem with all the R1's. You can get a new basket the noise will go away, but may return aft a while. It has something to do with the cush drive springs between the basket and primary gear.

·
180 MPH is a very lonely place
45 Posts
I'll second that....all my R1's have been the same, the 04 i have now seems to be even louder than the earlier models i had.....

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
31 Posts
Mines does the same thing and compared to my busa and other bikes i have owned or own...The cheepest easiest way to make it better is oil change and a filter of course. The noise isnt comming from your clutch i dont think. Clutch chatter is when your under power and the clutch is engaged and you get that stuttering kind of grabby thing going on. The noise your hearing is your gear box/ trans being engaged. When your at a stop in neutral clutch out your gear box is spinning in neutral along with the engine...as soon as you pull the clutch in you dis-engage the gear box/trans from the engine Compared to the othe bikes i have owned the R1 has a pretty loud case. The busa started to get a little noisey and i put some Motul synth blend in and a new filter and the problem was fixed 75%. Im going to do the same to my R1 in the next few days cause my case is getting louder and louder...I'll let you know how it works out. M*B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.