Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to apologize in advance for my being naive, but i am brand new to this site and am having troubles locating (if available) information on how to remove, and reinstall the clutch cover on my 2000 R1...i just want to make sure that i dont break or bend anything internally because after removing the allan key bolots from the cover, i still can nopt get the cover to remove. any help or links to instructions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
My R1 Eats Me.
464 Posts
I have to apologize in advance for my being naive, but i am brand new to this site and am having troubles locating (if available) information on how to remove, and reinstall the clutch cover on my 2000 R1...i just want to make sure that i dont break or bend anything internally because after removing the allan key bolots from the cover, i still can nopt get the cover to remove. any help or links to instructions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

That's it. It's sealed on there with gasket sealant. Take a rubber mallet and bang on it a gently. Make sure you have all linkage and brakets removed.

WES

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sory, actually i have it loose, the sealant isnt the problem, it just seems caught up on the linkage inside or what not...haha i feel like a dummy

·
My R1 eats my wallet
113 Posts
Did you get it off? If not, move the arm that the cable attaches to towards the rear of the bike when removing the cover. When you put the cover back on, there is an arrow on the case that aligns with a punch mark on the arm.

·
We can rebuild it.
33 Posts
I used some kind of purple crap to seal my clutch cover. It worked fine. Make sure you get all the old gasket off.

·
doin it with the r...
451 Posts
you need a retaining ring plyers to remove the clip then the shaft will slide out . also if your going to change the cover order 2 new bearings cause you wont get them out they then need to be tapped in with a socket on the new cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts