Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Adrenalin Junky
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From my last highside my clutch cover is leaking..

How hard is it to move the internals (i.e Pull Level, Spring, Shaft, Oil Seal, etc) from the original clutch cover to a new one for installation?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31,561 Posts
:confused: and in english?:confused:
 

·
Feelin' lucky?
Joined
·
323 Posts
As long as you buy new bearings that support the push lever, a new oil seal, and a new gasket, it's pretty darn easy.
 

·
Adrenalin Junky
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
YZEtc said:
As long as you buy new bearings that support the push lever, a new oil seal, and a new gasket, it's pretty darn easy.
Gotcha... Got the New Gasket, but not the rest.. 3900 miles on the bike.. Wierd thing is, the Service Manual only says to replace the gasket.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31,561 Posts
now i understand- remove the internals, not move them.:thumbup
 

·
Adrenalin Junky
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blur1 said:
now i understand- remove the internals, not move them.:thumbup
No MOVE not remove.. You have to move the internals from the orginal cover to the new (EMPTY) Clutch Cover before installation.:thumbup
 

·
Adrenalin Junky
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
martinc said:
Still,a seal must be replaced when removed unless you"re being very carefull and succeed 100% in doing it.
Looks like I'll be hinting Yamaha in the morning.. :) They seem to NEVER having anything I need instock.. :cryin
 

·
I like to Ride
Joined
·
565 Posts
**the bearing is also needed for the clutch pivot inside the cover*** Remember to order this or else you will need to cut your old cover in half to get the bearing out intact. Have a local bike shop do this for you-press the bearing into the cover as well.....good luck....
 

·
I like to Ride
Joined
·
565 Posts
---Oh yea-and since your in there-I would order a new "C" clip that slips over the rod that sits in your clutch cover. Better safe than sorry!
 

·
Adrenalin Junky
Joined
·
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-MannIBP said:
**the bearing is also needed for the clutch pivot inside the cover*** Remember to order this or else you will need to cut your old cover in half to get the bearing out intact. Have a local bike shop do this for you-press the bearing into the cover as well.....good luck....
Thanks man.. But the used cover I bought, already had the 2 bearing in it.. They look perfect.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top