Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently took apart my clutch because it has been dragging and quite rough on take off. The previous owner put in an EBC race clutch. I'm about to throw in an OEM clutch kit and and noticed that the damper spring isn't in the bike with only the spring seat in there.

Before I put the oem clutch in, do y'all recommend that I purchase a damper spring and put it back or just omit it all together with the seat and throw in a full size friction plate? Thanks for the help.

·
R1.. The fast kind
1,018 Posts
I guess you mean pos 12 & 13?
As i understand that spring is there to separate the steel plate and friction plate just to prevent the clutch from draging when disengaged and that's why there's a special frictionplate (no 14).

I've never tried whithout it so i can't tell how well it works but if it didn't work they probably wouldn't put it there in the first place :)

20200202_170001.png

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah parts 12 and 13. I've heard of people mostly taking them out for track bikes. I guess it allows the clutch to engage better off the line

I'll go ahead and order a new one, but I can't believe just that spring costs 30 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts