Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the problem im having, the symptoms:

When i press the clutch lever all the way and put it in first gear. the bikes pulls forward a little and sometimes it even stalls, so my logical thinking is that the clutch is not engaged all the way.(there is very little slack on the cable, just enough).

I just changed the clutch (ebc sbk kit) this morning and still the same problems. I have that Graves Clutch mod installed. I even removed the Mod hoping something would change. but the clutch feels exactly the same. Im running out of ideas. I wonder if it could be the clutch cable. Im so frustraded with this already. I have taken that clutch apart a least 6 times in the last 2 days! HELP!

If you need more info let me know!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clutch adjustment can be a pain.

After I installed the YEC springs and Graves clutch kit, my adjustment was way off but I finally got it right.

It's you clutch cable adjustment. I'm sure nothing else is wrong.
I installed the springs that came with the Kit. The only adjustment im aware of is the slack in the cable i thought that as long as the cable is not loose , having just enough slack, it was the only adjustment. What others adjustment can be made?

Thanks for the help

Premium Member
I installed the springs that came with the Kit. The only adjustment im aware of is the slack in the cable i thought that as long as the cable is not loose , having just enough slack, it was the only adjustment. What others adjustment can be made?

Thanks for the help
There is the adjustment ender the clutch cover and the clutch cover itself. Make sure the over is installed correctly.

I had the exact problem your having and playing around with cable adjusment solved the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.