Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with the yoyodyne or any other assembly? I don't like the stock assembly and I want to get it out of there when I jerk my motor to do the valves in the next few weeks. Any aftermarket experience is welcome. Barring that, any tips and tricks for getting more life out of stock are welcome. I don't want to blow another clutch boss to pieces.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I guess mods can delete this one. I'll figure something out when I pull it to do the valves and start digging in the clutch.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just no experience so was wondering about them. Before doing a deep dive on the web, I wasn't even sure I could get a kit for an 08. Basically the only kit I can find is a yoyodyne and I'm pretty sure when I go to order they will teller they are out of stock and just stand on my money.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
STM is another brand (one I’m considering for my 06 as maybe a winter project). More expensive but seems like possibly the best out there...?

I asked a similar clutch question recently with not a whole lot of feedback either. My research showed STM to be a top contender. Although the most expensive option also, but hey, good isn’t cheap and cheap isn’t good...

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
2 piece clutch boss. It's a failure point on the '07-'08.

Example;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts