Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here done a bypass on the clutch switch mounted on the perch?

I got a CRG perch/lever kit, but doesn't come with a mount for the switch.
I unplugged it and went for a few rides.
20 minute ride, everything runs perfect. As I was about to pull in the driveway on my second ride, the ecu locked up all the electronics and shot me with "code 42".

42 could be the speed sensors or also the neutral switch. Everything looks in good working order with all their plugs plugged in securely. So it leads me to believe it's the clutch switch I removed. What I find weird, is that I went for a full ride with no issues and it didn't code until the end of my second ride.

Anyone here ever remove/bypass the switch?

Bike is 2016
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok so i have a 2003 yamaha r1 it will shut off when you put it in 1st i fixed the side stand switch but still shuts off when put in 1st and when in gear with clutch in it will not start anyone could tell me what it might be

·
Venom X/O
26,238 Posts
ok so i have a 2003 yamaha r1 it will shut off when you put it in 1st i fixed the side stand switch but still shuts off when put in 1st and when in gear with clutch in it will not start anyone could tell me what it might be
Did the post on the clutch lever fall out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don’t do this! The clutch switch is required by the ECU. It recognizes changes in gear position only when the clutch switch is cycled. So if you delete it you will never leave the idle fuel map and there are 9 or so maps depending on throttle input vs gear position and decel etc...
I say that is not true. What if you shifted up without pressing the clutch? Beaides i am 100% certain these have one map and it isnt gear or anything else dependant. The ecu could think its in neutral and still do the exact same thing as far as i have always seen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts