Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beware of Subaru Outbacks!
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i rode yesterday in the rain and cold...42 degress...up and down 288 and 95 to col hts from the west end then back up 95 to 150..no biggie, right? like a 1 1/2 hour trip...but when i got home i couldn't open my hands! so today i got some nice new teknics! hopefully they do the trick, the dirtbike gloves didn't cut it and the fingerless summer gloves have been put away for weeks. they were $60, so maybe too much but then again i didn't have to wait for shipping!

·
Still love Yami's the most
1,141 Posts
Well, I didn't get cold at all today. Oh yeah it was a little cold in the 50s this morning.

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Yeah, they were spreading the salt on the road in front of my house this morning too. Are they supposed to do that when its warm, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky?????

·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hockeyfan5180 said:
Yeah, they were spreading the salt on the road in front of my house this morning too. Are they supposed to do that when its warm, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky?????
ahh...shutup. why don't you just blow away in the next cane? damn floridians....i'm gonna have to move:rant

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Yeah. one day of wind and rain, spend the morning cleaning up small branches and crap. Go ride!!! Total time not riding = day and a half.

I Love Florida

·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i'm lookin over the forum, and there's this other thread floatin around that's talking about cold weather and gloves and such... don't be fooled! post your comments here! the other thread is a secret virus! they're just bytin off my thread! i started mine first! whine whine whine! ps, the real slim shady just stood...oh nevermind...

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
hottR1der said:
the dirtbike gloves didn't cut it and the fingerless summer gloves have been put away for weeks.
Your dirtbike and fingerless gloves should be THROWN OUT!!! That $60 could of got you some Teknic Chicane leather riding gloves. ($45 actually) Those gloves would be 10 times better then fingerless.

Obviously, you've never crashed? I can't see how anyone can ride with cheap ass fingerless gloves or even worse, no gloves at all. You go down, what's the first thing you're gonna do? You're going to try and brace your fall with your hands and you won't have any figertips left. :fact

Think about it! :yesnod

·
I am dangerous.
842 Posts
Tour Master makes good cold weather gloves and they are pretty cheap from newenough.com, I think I paid 27 dollars for mine(I think), and its SO worth it, ill never ride in winter without them again. I crashed tested them last year too, and they held up well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts