Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Bone Stock....for now....
Joined
·
463 Posts
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Tru-Spec/Polypropylene.asp

The military spec polypropylene is no joke fellas. I haven't ridden in temps under 40 until this fall and this stuff is great. 39F under a pair of jeans on a 50 mile commute not a problem. Other sites you may find a better deal not sure just do a Google search.

INEXPENSIVE

Polypro glove liners work very as does the balaclava though with the balaclava it's a bit of a tight fit under my helmet but not unbearable by any means.
 

· Who's Ya Daddy??
Joined
·
5,986 Posts
I wear my snowmobile gear, including my snowmobile helmet. Havent gone so far as to hook up the electric visor on the "1" yet, but with the price of gas I just might get around to it this year. :fact
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
19,245 Posts
Poe said:
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Tru-Spec/Polypropylene.asp

The military spec polypropylene is no joke fellas. I haven't ridden in temps under 40 until this fall and this stuff is great. 39F under a pair of jeans on a 50 mile commute not a problem. Other sites you may find a better deal not sure just do a Google search.

INEXPENSIVE

Polypro glove liners work very as does the balaclava though with the balaclava it's a bit of a tight fit under my helmet but not unbearable by any means.
Hmm.. Might have to order a set of those..
 

· Bone Stock....for now....
Joined
·
463 Posts
150atwheel said:
that must suck!!!!!!! i wear t-shirt and jeans year round:crash
Some of my most enjoyable rides have been when the temp. in the 50's and commuting in the 40's is just as much fun minus the fact that it's on my way to work and back. If your dressed for the ride/temp it's all good.....helps you to develop one hella steady throttle hand as the tires never really seem to heat up to optimal operating temp lol....
 

· My bikes keep me sane.
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
I ride in the winter months. Usually bundled up a bit, with something covering my neck. Not too bad.

I'm gonna get an electric vest this year.:thumbup
 

· My bikes keep me sane.
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
I live in Minnesota and have 5 months of winter each year.

I put on more miles in a year than a lot of people do that live places that they can ride year-round.

We take advantage of our rideable season, and appreciate it.
 

· Bone Stock....for now....
Joined
·
463 Posts
hooligan_r1 said:
I ride in the winter months. Usually bundled up a bit, with something covering my neck. Not too bad.

I'm gonna get an electric vest this year.:thumbup
Very glad to hear that hooligan cause around these parts I sometimes feel like I'm the only biker out riding when it hits the 40's and most times the 50's.....once it hits the 30's consistantly and they start salting the roads though I think I'll be done till early March or so.....will give me the opportunity to move her into the spare bedroom and put a pair of new tires on her for next year and also clean her up really well.

Funny thing around this area is that I'm suprised I don't see more of those so badass Harley boys out and about as I do in the summer....go figure...lol.....by the way I have room to rag on the Harley boys because I own one myself ('93 Wideglide) it just doesn't see much time on the road since I've had the '03 then '05 R1.

Again, good to hear there are some of us still riding.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,568 Posts
pitbike said:
Dudes, buy some gear!! I rode to work this morning and it was 24 degrees!!!

We also ice race w/ our dirtbikes down to -10 below. Cowboy up!
Dude, that's insane. :fact 24 degrees outside then factor in the wind chill say at 50mph. There ain't no way I would do that. I have set my cut off around 60 degrees. If it's colder than that I don't ride until it warms up.
 

· Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,182 Posts
Re: Re: cold?

Skeeter said:
Dude, that's insane. :fact 24 degrees outside then factor in the wind chill say at 50mph. There ain't no way I would do that. I have set my cut off around 60 degrees. If it's colder than that I don't ride until it warms up.
that would cut my already short riding season in half, I'd be down to like . . . June/July/August, maybe september :lol :lol :lol

besides icy roads help me perfect my (Gary McCoy) slide-king moves :2bitchsla
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
lets do the polar bear ride award..forum member takes pic of them selves in front of a bank sign on bike. lowest temp and greatest distance will earn member bragging right of being HARD CORE.
BTW a lil secret for cool riding is go get some of those hot pocket glove inserts from the hunting section at walmart. they generate heat for up to 8 hrs . they cost like a buck for 6. slip 'em in you gloves boots...they even make big chest ones.. they work awesome...you can shut 'em off to by putting them in a ziplock bad and cutting the air off to them...
heated nhand grips only run about 30 bucks and are simple to install too...
 
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top