Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Collin Ewards Not Happy

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Ozzy_R1_demon 
#1 · (Edited)
Colin Edwards Not Happy

Moto GP just gets better and better. He is 30 years old, anyone know how long his contract with Honda is? Could he switch to another team or is let's say 32 too old to switch in Moto GP?

#3 ·
is he ever?

Has he ever been happy? I never really liked him- I mean he's a talented SOB, but I just never dug his whole attitude. Granted, I did feel bad for him regarding the whole Honda thing- I think Honda's play was pretty shiitty, they could have been alot nicer to the guy that brought it home for them

#4 ·
it seemed to me that he had a good attitude and was a good interview after a race up untill the time he got passed up for the honda gp ride then his attitude went down. but shit cant really blame him. I wonder what HRC is going to have to say about his comments.

#5 ·
i AGREE

I totally agree with you- I mean Honda dealt him an unmistakable boninig- I'd probably be bitching about it too... But I mean I just never liked his tone in alot of the past interviews I used to read- there was just some kind of arrogant or sort of shitty aire about him... I have alot more respect for the more happy-go-lucky guys, or, for that matter, I think I even found biaggi more likable then CE3... I dunno...I don t wanna seem too hard on him- I have nothing but respect for his riding abilities, but I just never found him to be likable.

I guess if anything now, I find more empathy out of feeling bad the crap honda dumped on his head

#6 ·
as i said in another post, he is the american example of mladin in a lot of respects, constantly bitching and moaning. i hate that shit!!! win with what you brought and don't bitch when you lose. i hoped like hell haga would have won the wsb title in 2000 but he got robbed and edwards new it. haga road the shit out of that bike only to get hosed by some stupid ephedrin rule. edwards crowed like a proud rooster even though he knew he didn't deserve the crown. now in 02, he won and deserved to win, but shut the f8ck up and stop bitching!!! he sounds just like biaggi who can't win unless he has the fastest bike. a bunch of crying panty poopers!!!

#8 ·
Sounds like some of the same crap that happened to Doug Chandler (didn't get a top GP ride). That's why we need an American, made to compete on the track, performance motorcycle with people who are up front, honest and can represent us the best. You shouldn't jump riders because of age or appearances, I believe that is what is happening here. I have been on the track and at the track with the Haydens and Edwards all are good people, Edwards I believe is the better rider, he just needs the equipment. If nothing else, on even equipment it would be a helluvaseason. Hmmm... wonder if anyof the "Best in the World Aircraft Manufacturing Labor Force" would want to start building motorcycles ???

#9 ·
Re: is he ever?

scud said:
I think Honda's play was pretty shiitty, they could have been alot nicer to the guy that brought it home for them
I think Honda did what was best for honda... Colin and Nick or both talented beyond normal.. the thing is Hayden is alot younger, will be racing longer and is more fan popular due to his attitude... Colin whined and cried at Aprilia the entire time blaming them for everything.. If I was a manufactuer spending big bucks and investing time into a rider at any level and they dissed the company like that, he'd be packing. Colin with a dose of "keep your mouth shut" could have gotten that ride or one identical.

#10 ·
Re: Re: is he ever?

SpidermanSS said:
I think Honda did what was best for honda... Colin and Nick or both talented beyond normal.. the thing is Hayden is alot younger, will be racing longer and is more fan popular due to his attitude... Colin whined and cried at Aprilia the entire time blaming them for everything.. If I was a manufactuer spending big bucks and investing time into a rider at any level and they dissed the company like that, he'd be packing. Colin with a dose of "keep your mouth shut" could have gotten that ride or one identical.
well put and good points as well. these guys have to start realizing that they are representing more than just thier own interests. the eyes of the world are on them at this level and with all the honda bashing edwards has done, i'm surprised he even got another shot with them.

#11 ·
If I was a team owner, I would put a clause in the contract for things such as this. If they dissed the team or bike in public or to the press. They would be GONE.....

#12 ·
In Colin's defense, yes it was unfortunate what happened to Haga, but Bayliss was still there kicking ass on the Ducati. Colin busted his ass to beat Bayliss. Then the last race, before the race, THE ALL MIGHTY HONDA comes and says yeah good luck today Colin and oh yeah you don't have a ride after this race, Lata. He is a better man than I am. I would have done burnouts and wheelies on every lap. I may ran one lap if I ran any at all.

I agree about Nicky's age and attitude but I would like to add to the fact that honda knew his potential and didn't want to lose him. I mean look at Miguel, granted he is a little aged, but damn what more does he have to do? As far as arrogance, I think all professional athletes have a swagger about them. Just some swagger a little more than the others.

#13 ·
Those who wouldve seen interviews with him while racing the Sp1 & Sp 2 in SBK(As I was following Bayliss in SBK)wouldve seen the normal side of COlin Edwards which was although not being able to beat Bayliss alot of the time,he always admitted that it just came down to him being a better rider:fact

Considering he won 2 SBK world C'ships with Honda and was comitted to them,maybe Haydens Repsol ride shouldve gone to Edwards:yesnod On the other hand,its clear to see that NIckey Hayden is a very talented rider,and on the right team/bike-will have a very succesfull Moto Gp career,so this is probably the rason why Repsol went for him insted of Edwards.

Although Im not a 'fan' of Edwards,I do feel he may have been wrongly done by from Honda by putting all of his talent on a lnon equal bike compared to those in the rest of the pack. As I said,from interviews in SBK(and having met him and talked to him for a brief time at the Moto Gp last year)he comes across as a genuine guy,and doesnt have an attitude problem like some other riders.

Hopefully he can have a good season despite the problems with the bike and next season Honda will take him seriously if he's able to show that the bike's not upto his standard,and make some chances to give him a better shot at the c'ship.

Go Edwards:jump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.