Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3W M078
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Denver area waiting for a new R1? I had a deposit on one and was told that they are 2 mos. out.:confused: I thought, "Oh Well" and put down a deposit on a silver one. I had previously asked them what the out the door price would be, since I was just going to pay cash. They said that they were charging retail. After I had put down the deposit, the Finance guy called me in to finalize everything. Then he said, well the out the door price is going to be 12,240. :confused:

When I questioned further, he said that they were charging msrp for the bike, plus dealer prep, plus freight, plus tax.

So I called around, and made a short drive to Laramie Wyoming. The dealer said that freight and set up is included in msrp., and sold me a bike for $1000 less than the dealers in Denver. I bought some accessories, and a Shoei RF-1000 Voltage helmet from him as well. The real upside is, I've had my bike for a week and a half, and saved a grand.

I found out through the grapevine that the dealer thought I was bluffing when I said if you sell it to me now for msrp plus tax, I'll write you a check, otherwise I'll buy elsewhere. He said "good luck" so I got my bike, drove it over and parked it out front to show him. All of these people are like, how did you get a bike already!

Long story short is, shop around, and don't believe the B.S. about freight and set up. They are just getting you to pay over retail.

Hope this helps

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
1. Yes freight is included in the invoice price the dealer pays.
2. Setup is not.

And shopping around is always a good idea.
BTW someone from Co bought one here in Ames, Iowa and i got to look at it today before he even saw it!
Supposedly he is driving out to pick it up this weekend.
To bad he got the slower Blue one.
:crash

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
I got mine from Rocky Mountain here in the Springs and paid $11,400 OTD with tax and everything. They also gave me 15% all accessories for life. I also had a bike on order at APEX here in the springs, and I let that one go, but it was the same price OTD. I put 4k down and used Yamaha's 3.9% financing for the next 2 years I only pay $75.00mo. I will refinance later or trade it for an 06.

:fork

Attachments

·
3W M078
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xorn said:
I got mine from Rocky Mountain here in the Springs and paid $11,400 OTD with tax and everything. They also gave me 15% all accessories for life. I also had a bike on order at APEX here in the springs, and I let that one go, but it was the same price OTD. I put 4k down and used Yamaha's 3.9% financing for the next 2 years I only pay $75.00mo. I will refinance later or trade it for an 06.

Nice Bike! I love mine. Thats a cool shot of your bike with Pike Peak in the background.

Are you going to the AMA event at PPIR in June?

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
I should be, I went last year with no bike. Just as well it rained it a$$ off last year.

·
Speed & Style
286 Posts
Xorn said:

I was curious as to how you're only paying $75/month when you borrowed $7400 at 3.9% for 24 months. I calculate $321/month.
Congrats on the new bike! I'm waiting for mine.

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
cobra-r1 said:
I was curious as to how you're only paying $75/month when you borrowed $7400 at 3.9% for 24 months. I calculate $321/month.
Congrats on the new bike! I'm waiting for mine.
you pay $75 for the first 24mo then it goes up to 21% interest for the next 36mo. They do not penalize you for paying it off early, so I will refinance with my Credit Union at 6% at the end of 24mo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts