Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Not being from your area I'm not sure of the names of all the roads,but probably done them.

You on any other forums.

Visordown or the likes.:confused:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Been on the MCN Forums for a while now on and off. Good for rowing with folk about general issues too, - eg. Fox Hunting and Iraq etc.

Actually, ' just joined 'visordown' before I found this one ,so never posted on there as I preferred this 'coz it focuses on R1's, is huge and has masses of info and advice on the bike.

After all, only so much free time in a day (gotta try and earn a living too!)

What about you - on 'visordown'? - how do you rate it?

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The reason I aint been here much is coz I spend a lot of time on VD.

Great crack as the yanks dont get our sense of humour,loads of banter.

Met a few of them at a track day at Croft as well.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Will check out 'visordown' next time I get time to kill, sounds good - though, as I said, I am trying not to get too hooked on these things.

We need a new name ? - R1-445 "x?x" Squadron - not very catchy ?

Although, as there is only two of us (to my knowledge) perhaps we should be a 'brace' rather than a Squadron! :crash

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Although, - having grown by 100% in just the last week this must be the fasted growing Squadron on the Forum!:p

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know of 2 other people from here on this forum.

A guy from Kirkcaldy that I've met and another one from Dundee who mysteriously disappeared when I offered him out with us:bash

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Toxin said:
:D hey guys im from scotland

I stay in livingston, sometimes up in dundee 2 i've got a 99 r1
:hellobye how you doing.

where you been.:dunno

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
:hellobye Greetings Toxin.

So does this mean there are five in this squadron ?

Two in Dundee
One Livingston
One Kirkaldy
One Glasgow

We ought to find some more recruits and organise a ride out next spring ? Could start from Stirling (pretty central). - Just a thought.

D3LS (hope you don't mind using your first name, - how did you come up with that username?) What do you mean Kirkaldy guy disappeared 'when you offered him out' - was that to ride, or fight!?:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
hello again :)

Mk was wanting me banned but he then pm'd me saying he done it for a joke.... bit of a :butt

:D

Yea there only a few of us that ride together round here and they all cant keep up, would love to go a ride in spring!

Going up perth way on sunday should be good :p

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Toxin said:
hello again :)

Mk was wanting me banned but he then pm'd me saying he done it for a joke.... bit of a :butt

:D

Yea there only a few of us that ride together round here and they all cant keep up, would love to go a ride in spring!

Going up perth way on sunday should be good :p
PM with a time you're up Perth way,could meet up.

BTW the yanks have a completly diferent sense of humour to us.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you guys are coming west tomorrow let me know and I'll try to get out and meet you. Will Perth be as far over as you come?

Not quite sure how the p.m. thingy works.

Is weather forecast to be good tomorrow?

Toxin, will you go via Stirling? (only 1/2 an hour from me, could meet en route)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
OK, guess it's not going to happen today. No problem, catch up another time.

'Going for a ride with the Ducati guys. Meeting at the store 11.00.
Posting this so you know I am going out soon so won't pick up messages now 'till tonight.

If your out, have fun. weather over here is good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Necromancing here
just joined and am frae Bonnie Scotland, spend half my time in Belgium and the rest up in Wick.
I'm new to the R1 and have an 05 which has now got 1600 miles on the clock, was 200 2 weeks ago

·
i eat my R1
57 Posts
was there this year, love the roads got a friend in lairg sutherland,lovely road up to john o'groats, come to think of it there all good

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
14 Participants
Tango2
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing