Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big Pimpin'
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally a legally endorsed rider after completing the course this weekend! :thumbup I took the DOL written test and got my permit back in August and then let it expire for winter knowing I was taking the course soon. It went well and I definitely recommend it for any beginner to novice riders that never formally learned the fundamentals. The hardest part about the whole thing was that I got stuck on a little cruiser bike with the "harley style" handlebars, which are a little different from the R1. ;) Just wanted to share my happy news and hopefully inspire others to sign up.

Eric
 

·
Trackday Addict
Joined
·
774 Posts
Yeah! Well worth the $$$ especially for any newbies floating around or people who haven't ridden for awhile.

The course here uses Honda Nighthawk 250's. Kinda fun & can't really get too hurt!

Congrats on the pass!
 

·
Shut up and ride
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
That's good stuff:thumbup Next take the Experienced Rider Course. It is very good as well.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,669 Posts
AZScorpion said:

The course here uses Honda Nighthawk 250's.
Yeah, that's the same bike I used when I took the MSF. Glad I
took the course. I've had to use many of the things we learned.
 

·
No soup for you!
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
some body told me that the intermediete course is bunk but to take the xperienced one... what do they teach in it? advanced corering technique? knee scraping.... mmmm
 

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
Joined
·
610 Posts
I took the basic course. It was fun and I learned a lot. I'd like to take the advanced once. Anyone have more info. on it?
 

·
L8R2U
Joined
·
21,412 Posts
Congrats:thumbup
 

·
06 is my year
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
I took that course in the pouring rain...it lasted two days!!!! I have never seen so much rain come down in my life.......great class though....
 

·
Big Pimpin'
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AZScorpion said:
Yeah! Well worth the $$$ especially for any newbies floating around or people who haven't ridden for awhile.

The course here uses Honda Nighthawk 250's. Kinda fun & can't really get too hurt!

Yeah, I got stuck on a Yami Vigaro 250. It felt really small and akward. Most of the bikes were Nighthawks 250's and Rebels. We did have 1 Yami 225 Dual-Sport.

Eric
 

·
Big Pimpin'
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cowboychrisd said:
I took that course in the pouring rain...it lasted two days!!!! I have never seen so much rain come down in my life.......great class though....
Taking the class in Seattle in Feb. I was expecting 45 degrees and raining. It ended up being 60 and dry, we were so lucky.

Eric
 

·
....rONE....
Joined
·
805 Posts
QuicksilveR1 said:
I took the basic course. It was fun and I learned a lot. I'd like to take the advanced once. Anyone have more info. on it?
In the classroom, you'll discuss with your peers how to balance the mental and physical aspects of safe riding, managing risk, increasing visibility and optimizing lane position. The course also covers protective gear, rider responsibility, motorcycle inspection and care, and the effects of alcohol and other drugs on riding.

On the range, using your own motorcycle, you will put into practice intense riding activities, including the techniques of managing traction, controlling rear-wheel skids, stopping quickly, cornering and swerving.

**off of www.flsaferiders.com**
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
playerzfsu said:
In the classroom, you'll discuss with your peers how to balance the mental and physical aspects of safe riding, managing risk, increasing visibility and optimizing lane position. The course also covers protective gear, rider responsibility, motorcycle inspection and care, and the effects of alcohol and other drugs on riding.

On the range, using your own motorcycle, you will put into practice intense riding activities, including the techniques of managing traction, controlling rear-wheel skids, stopping quickly, cornering and swerving.

**off of www.flsaferiders.com**
You forgot to mention that we also help you to ride two up. ERC students can bring a passenger to the ERC course. Also, many of the excercises in the bRC are incorporated into the ERC. However, you'll be traveling at greater speeds in the ERC.

CONGRATS!! PimpDaddyR1, I'm glad to see that you really got something out of the MSF BRC. Makes me (as a MSF Instructor) feel really good about what I do and we love to hear this type of feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
great job! more people should take the course! I am taking the course with my fiance and two sons next week. ( I have been riding and racing since about 10 years old but I should have fun taking it with them) My sons have been riding dirt bikes for about 7 years but both want to get street bikes and I won't let them until they take the course...
 

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
Joined
·
2,603 Posts
i took it last year to get my license..... now i plan on taking the Advance rider program to help get some more knowlage....... then it's off to the tracks... LOL
 

·
Bone Stock....for now....
Joined
·
460 Posts
Congrats on your success........I took a similiar riding course a little over 10yrs. ago sponsored by ABATE of Indiana......coolest bunch of Harley riders/instructers I've ever met.....yea, Harley riders......

Been planning on going to Code's cornering school for years.....just haven't made it yet.......maybe this year if Mid Ohio spots are still available.....

Again, Congratulations.....
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top