Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking with ivan he had me send back my needles to him. I was running a full akrapovic exhaust system ivans jet kit, airbox mod and k&n filter. Ivan thought that maybe I was running the standard needles set and not the needle set for the race filter and k&n filter. I sent the needles back in for him to measure and come to find out I had the wrong needles. So there are two sets of needles for the carbed r1`s that he makes. The smaller tapered needles are on the way. Dont know when I will get to ride the bike due to the frigid weather her in Ohio but I will post an update explaining how the new needles perform. They are supposed to lean out my midrange and richen up my topend. Supposed to give a 3hp increase up top with the filter and airbox mod. We will see.

· Banned
31,992 Posts
how are you going to know the difference? and post up the part number of the new kit..... mine is r1-9800. and scan the instruction sheet. i wanna see if it is different to mine.

· Banned
31,992 Posts
I measured the old needles with digital calipers before I sent them off. I am going to be able to measure the new ones. I will keep you posted.
thanks, it will be interesting as i was told there was no difference.:hellobye

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh at one time when I first called to order them I think that is what I was told too, but it was too far back to remember exactly. I think that maybe he revised his needle for the airbox mod. I am giving the benifit of doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.