Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Congrats to Chuck, he rode a great race, taking 3rd place in today's 2nd annual Toyota 200. For the first 1/3-1/2 of the race, it was a three rider break away between Josh Hayes, Vincent Haskovec, and Chuck Graves, riding 1st, 2nd, 3rd. These guys were running consistent 1:21/1:22s the entire 200 miles. What a fantastic race. Chuck was hampered later on with a 28 second 2nd pit stop, to those of hayes and Haskovec, which were more like 12-13 seconds. Towards the last 1/4 of the race, Chuck made an absolutely awesome 5 rider pass at the entrance and beginning half of turn 1. Unbelievable!! One aspect that was really amazing is the performance of Rich Oliver, who not only won the Toyota 250cc 50 miler with complete class domination, but then held on durint the open class 200 mile main event to a 4th place finish!! Man, 250 TZs kick ass!! Unfortunately, Doug Polen had maechanical problems by the second lap, and had to drop out of the race, His first lap was blazing!!.

Also, Balistic (Will Eikenberry) was riding a 636 and was looking very smooth and very fast. He also did great yesterday, winning two races. Congrats to you, Will!!

Anyway, it was a great day of exciting racing at Willow Springs. Hats off to Josh, Vincent, Chuck, and Will. Can't wait till next year.

·
smooth=fast
1,136 Posts
Attended as well and ejoyed the show from the "Bleachers". I hadn't concidered how much time the 200 laps whould take. I downed 6 bottles of water and peed 4 times - What does a racer do to deal with these issues? I did see a few hyr packs, but the pit-stops were too short. First time at Willow and liked what I saw. I will look at tk-dy providers to see if they have a sched that will fit mine. Next visit I will bring some shade though. My sunburn will hurt for a couple of days.
Hey that back road up to Tahachapi is sweet-no trucks to deal with.

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
Did you see Polen balance that wheelie on the start- the guy still has it big time. The race to the first stop was incredible as the attack suzukis were really attacking each other. Oliver did great on the 250 he and his wrench Brian are both from here in fresno. I dont think I will take any more long trips on the R1 anymore as that 250 mile ride home sunday night was a killer on my nuts. Hey eyespy i did get to TAke in the sights in bakersfield Sat. and the races at mesa marin were cool too.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LDHR1 said:
Did you see Polen balance that wheelie on the start- the guy still has it big time. The race to the first stop was incredible as the attack suzukis were really attacking each other. Oliver did great on the 250 he and his wrench Brian are both from here in fresno. I dont think I will take any more long trips on the R1 anymore as that 250 mile ride home sunday night was a killer on my nuts. Hey eyespy i did get to TAke in the sights in bakersfield Sat. and the races at mesa marin were cool too.
Oh yeah I saw Polen wheelie 1/4 of the way down the straight on the start. Thanks for reminding me. It was cool as hell, but cost him position. I knew he would very likely regain it, had his bike not suffered mechanical failure. Glad you were able to catch the "sights". BTW, how were the driving directions?

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:thumbup :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts