1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This contest is for 2 MONDAYS

Monday: Nov. 12, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 19, 2007

RULES:

Post your crash images, pictures of current gloves and or a short story of why you need new gloves for a chance to win! Remember only ONE (1) post per member in this contest (you can sign up for other days also), you must reply to THIS thread only. You are encouraged to post up images and stories. The better the presentation the better shot at WINNING!

Komodo FX Race Gloves (4 pairs total), 2 will be given away each Monday Monday: Nov. 5, 2007 / Monday: Nov. 12, 2007

http://www.tobefast.com/komodo-fx-race-glove-c-52733-p-1-pr-3236.html

Winners will be selected by R1-forum.com Administrative staff (everyone else is eligiable to enter). Each winner will and notified accordingly and posted in this first post on each thread. Winners will be able to select sizes and colors available and we reserve the right to replace it with a comparable price if sizing, colors, types cannot be obtained.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY WITH CONTESTS ENTRIES. NO COMMENTING ON OTHERS POSTS (IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING POSTED IN THE CONTESTS DROP A OFF TOPIC OR GENERAL THREAD UP :lol )

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Some dude took me out at Road Atlanta and the gloves I was wearing were not Komodo gloves and are worn slap out now! Here are pics of the crash and of the gloves...notice the patches and holes in the gloves:)

Attachments

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,701 Posts
This is an attempt to win a set of gloves for my wife. She started riding in March this year on a 500 Ninja ( good starter bike ) and at the time I sold my Gas Gas trials bike so she could have all the gear to start riding. Over the next couple of months she took to riding really well and progressed with great confidence ( proud husband talking :yesnod ) but I wanted her to have something with better handling and something more stable. So in June we bought her a 600 F4i ( I know it's not a Yamaha but the fit and feel were right for her and maybe later she will see the light :fork ) Well she has continued to progress well and loves riding but cannot find gloves she is comfortable with (3rd pair), we have looked around the dealers but she either doesn't like the feel or doesn't like the price. Now this is a woman who actually will not spend money on herself :confused: and even if I say "well get them if they feel good " she will say " no they are too much, mine will do for now " even though I know she is still not totally comfortable.
So there it is, a simple plea to get her a pair of quality gloves that she cannot moan cost too much and my attempt to reward her for the effort and commitment she has put into learning to ride and sharing in my passion.

View attachment 312649

View attachment 312650

·
mmmmmmhmmmmm....
1,329 Posts
okay my rashed gloves....wow...these things took a beating...but they really didnt hold up well for one lowside, basically i was heading out of the hospital from seeing my little brother that had 2 days prior crashed his kawi 626 and was in a coma...ne ways heading out to the main road, and took a loooooong left turn and across 2 lanes and between the big lane sized medians on my green light, but there was still gravel from some ice that had been there a couple weeks before, and hit the gravel patches at about 40 and lowsided sent the bike spinning and me sliding on my ass and hands for about 50 feet needless to say the gloves are done...and to add insult to injury my dad saw the whole thing and freaked, and a fire truck pulled in behind me with lights and sirens going....very embarasing.:crash

so the gloves... the left one is the worst since it was a left side lowside. basically rashed the entire thing, ripped the pad off of the palm, and the fingers are worn down to paper thin. the right one has a couple holes in it from sliding it wasnt quite as severe on taht one, but it did rip the black pads completely off somehow....not sure of the quality that they were now:dundun: ... and im glad that i had full cuffs because it tore up the straps as well... i have been wearing them from time to time for reasons i dont know...anyways thanks for the opportunity guys!!glad the site is back online!

Attachments

·
RONIN
287 Posts
I have some small holes in my street riding gloves but I love them and will use them until the wind ripes them off my hands OR I win some. :) The real reason I would like the Komodo FX Race Gloves you are giving away is I will be doing my first track day next spring/summer and i'm told you need gloves that go over the cuff. Thanks Tom

Attachments

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
High side at first ever track day at Mid-Ohio left my gloves busted open at some of the seams in fingers and blue padding is sticking out of back of right glove. Without gauntlet style gloves, I fear they may not let me participate in future track days, and without new gloves I may lack the confidence to ride with my fellow members when I meet them in Feb:( :sing:

Attachments

·
.:It's On:.
621 Posts
***Edited to add pictures***

Unfortunately, the gloves never made it to the hospital with me. They cut them off at the scene and I never saw them again.

However, AnonymousR1 or anyone else in the local area can corroborate everything I'm about to write here.

I live around Washington, DC. Which is a jam packed area full of stupid drivers with ZERO regard for anyone else on the road. I was traveling down a busy local highway, 28, preparing to merge onto 29 and go to Red Robin (http://www.redrobin.com/) for lunch with a group of people from dcsportbikes.net

Traveling at about 70mph, I merged over from the HOV2/Motorcycle lane behind a pick-up truck that I remember to be black. The road is jam packed, but traveling at a high rate of speed so I begin positioning to move over into the far right lane to take my exit, about a mile up ahead.

Suddenly, a wooden packing pallet (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Wooden_pallet_with_glove.jpg) flipped out of the back of the flatbed and hit me like a 50lbs bullet. The entire front end of my bike nearly instantly exploded and I flipped violently over the bars landing shoulder and head first into the asphalt. I began to flip again, but the bike came from behind and slammed into my back. The front end of the bike was obliterated and sharp, cutting deep into my back through the jacket I was wearing and tearing every muscle from the base of my neck, halfway down my hamstring. However, it knocked me down so that I did not flip through traffic and end my life getting hit by car.

The final result: I broke the socket for my shoulder, scapula and tore every muscle in my back to include nerve damage of which I may never recover feeling from.

My friend, yzfrobe from here on the board rebuilt the bike for me with parts provided by insurance. He works at a local motorcycle shop. Here are pictures from the incident:

·
Parts Man
118 Posts
yep, i built that bitch

damn pain in the ass too...

insurance estimate, built the bike, and also had to tell him to stop getting hurt...odd how he got hit by a wooden pallet...crazy

check out the pic of the rebuild, black one on the right.

Attachments

·
I Ride Alone.
2,491 Posts
Spelling

Footwear Shoe Personal protective equipment Sports gear Batting glove

I really, really, REALLY need a pair of new gloves. You may think why does this clown need a new pair of gloves when he has a pair of brand new Spidi Penta gloves.

I will tell you why, cause they are Spidi gloves and I have a Komodo FX suit. How could I possibly be seen tooling down the road with such a fashion mistake? I need Komodo gloves to compliment my suit.

It is making me very self consious that I have a missmatched outfit. One of these days I am going to crash because of this. Do you want this to be haunting you for the rest of your life? You could easily prevent a life threatening crash by allowing me to win this contest.

I would then be the envy of all that see me. I would feel and look like a million dollars, and I would spend my timing thinking of dragging my knee more instead of thinking if that guy in the Pinto noticed that my gloves did not match my suit.

·
R1der4life
226 Posts
OK, so there I am, just left the gym feeling good on a nice summer day off, riding on a road that merges from two lanes to one. I was in the right lane which doesn't have to merge. The suspect was in the left lane and needed to get into my lane, doesn't take a genius to find out what happens next. All of a sudden as I'm passing him, he jerks over into my lane. I grabbed the brakes and got over to the right as much as I could so as to avoid him, I did. But in doing so I hit a gravel patch in the road from a gravel parking lot just off the road and my front wheel dipped. The guy didn't even stop.

So here is my plea: I don't need *new* gloves, I need gloves period.

WINNER: BJester232 and GAPRIDER Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

Attachments

·
My R1 can beat your R1
160 Posts
why I think I need new gloves? because i use mountain bike riding gloves. the thumb is wearing out in one of the gloves and if you can't tell by now they don't even match due to the fact that someone had it set in their mind that they should have my right black glove more then me.

Attachments

·
A Little BRIT Different
1,027 Posts
Simple Shane,, My gloves Stink,,,, yes Odour :)
After a crash at the gap last year, that put some scuffs on them and the fact I have worn them so much riding the tracks all this year means I am in for some new ones.
My Wife would be so happy as she would not then have to spend a bunch of money on me then :)
Now wouldnt that be way cool.
Re pics of my crashed R1s,,, drop me a line and I will send some,, totalled out 2 of them in a year both 05 Ravens
Later Man

·
Stock Sucks
1,256 Posts
Back in 2000 or 2001 my wife gave me a pair of Alpinestars GP Plus Gloves. At the time they were almost as expensive as the AGV Teza Suit that I had picked up on a close out sale several years earlier. I have had the gloves for going on seven years now. I can't believe it's been that long . I have considered buying a new pair for the last two years but something always comes up that seems more important like car repairs etc. The gloves have survived two crashes and getting caught in the rain on several occasions. The leather is pretty stiff now due to age and I have repaired them a few times with the wife's sewing kit as well as touched them up with white and blue shoe polish so they don't look so bad but I really am about due for a new pair.
I have attached a few photos of the gloves as well as a shot of one of my engine cases that I have hanging above my work bench as a quiet reminder that crashing can be expensive. Thanks for your consideration. :thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
HELP!!!!
I need new gloves because my daughter stole mine. She refuses to give them back. To top it off she hides them for when she gets her short rides up the driveway into the garage on the ONE.

WINNER: ChrisYZFR1 and Skeeter Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, gloves size and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

Attachments

·
And then there was....
59 Posts
Labor Day weekend.
I was doing a trackday. I was there with a group of friends, but each time we got out on the track at different times so we hadn't really run together.

Towards the end of the day we decided to all grid up together. It was a great session, we're all passing each other back and forth.
My buddy passes me on the inside going into the last turn before the straight. It was a sweet close pass. So I set up to pass him coming out. We run down the front straight. I look back to give him a friendly gesture, then forward to setup for turn 1.
Right then I lose the front end and get slapped on the pavement.
As I shooting off into the run off area, I'm looking back to make sure:
a) I didn't take anyone out.
b) where is my bike and is it going to hit me.

Here is my proof that gear works. Yes, my fingers swelled up like sausages, but no rash. I do end up with a trigger finger though.
So I spend the winter collecting new gear.
A nice little high side and this last pair blow apart at the seams. Again, no rash.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.