Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I would like to check if anyone have done some upgrades related to improved cooling system for R1M without sacrificing the standard factory fairings?

i.e More efficient radiator and or oil cooler, more efficient cooling fans, special liquid for radiators, coolant propeller upgrades, electric water pump add on, etc

·
Registered
142 Posts
does the R1M run hotter than a R1? My buddies R1M seems to run much hotter than my R1. Suprisingly, my R1 runs very cool. All I got in it is engine ice and yammy lube. I think my flash/tune also made it cooler compared to when it was stock chipped. Is your bike unlocked/chipped?

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,822 Posts
does the R1M run hotter than a R1? My buddies R1M seems to run much hotter than my R1. Suprisingly, my R1 runs very cool. All I got in it is engine ice and yammy lube. I think my flash/tune also made it cooler compared to when it was stock chipped. Is your bike unlocked/chipped?
The flash probably moved the fan temp. That's pretty standard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
fan temp i did adjust to lower, but the bike itself definately runs cooler than stock form regardless. it's a bit hard to compare sometimes too....i hear new bikes run hot for the first couple thousand miles so i can't tell if it's the bike runs cooler after break in or whether it was the chip in general with the engine ice etc....but nonetheless, it def runs cooler than my buddies r1m for some odd reason.

·
Venom X/O
26,379 Posts
fan temp i did adjust to lower, but the bike itself definately runs cooler than stock form regardless. it's a bit hard to compare sometimes too....i hear new bikes run hot for the first couple thousand miles so i can't tell if it's the bike runs cooler after break in or whether it was the chip in general with the engine ice etc....but nonetheless, it def runs cooler than my buddies r1m for some odd reason.
It depends. Could be because exhaust is different, taking the cat away can help reduce heat. Ambient temps, humidity, all kinds of things can trick us into thinking it runs cooler, but each bike is slightly different. Flash’s make a difference.

I’ve tried every combo of fluids to try and get the temps down, fluids don’t change anything in my testing. It’s always been an add on radiator or full radiator swap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts