Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 02 R1 is now running and I'm working out the kinks. One is the guy I hired to do the bike originally broke part of the head tightening up the exhausted wrong so I have an exhaust leak, totally annoying. The other thing is is that the tube that goes from the thermostat to the top of the head keeps leaking no matter what I do. I've had it apart many times... is there a special o-ring or something that keeps it from leaking? It held just fine and then it was warm out yesterday and bike got to 200+ degrees. The fans kicked on and then it started leaking. Where do I put the o-ring?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to get new orings, clean the hole in the head with sandpaper, then put sealant on the oring and that sealed it up for now. Old motorcycle, old motorcycle problems. Ride safe buddy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to get new orings, clean the hole in the head with sandpaper, then put sealant on the oring and that sealed it up for now. Old motorcycle, old motorcycle problems. Ride safe buddy.
OK, I cleaned the hole & tube, then I sanded or roughed up hole. Everything is OK and I used a gasket sealer. That did not specify dry time.at all. What rtv do you recommend or is there something better. Thanks for all the help I will eventually get this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts