Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to order a rear SS brake line for my bike. I decided to choose Core because i liked the look of them, and because they are a relatively small company and i like to support small companies.

Shipping:
package arrived 6 business days after ordered, and i live in canada
10/10

packaging:
product is expertly packed, very stylish packaging, and it included a keychain, stickers, and brochure.
10/10

style and quality:
i personally think this brake line looks excellent, and it feels and looks like a very high quality product. there is nothing i would change on this brake line.
10/10

installation:
very easy to install a rear brake line, and it was my first time ever changing brake fluid, i used brembo racing brake fluid.
10/10

If anyone is thinking or getting new SS brake lines, i reccomend Core Moto. I see no room for improvement on this product.

P.s im not sure about the stickers i put on my bike, if they look silly or not, please give your opinions on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,404 Posts
I did the same upgrade, from oem to stainless or whatnot...It really doesn't make a different that I noticed...
I learned from watching members here having on their bike that these are the only way to go! :fact

Attachments

·
Venom GA state lead.
4,070 Posts
Rubber expands from internal pressure, steel doesn't. The difference going from initial activation to full on takes less travel and less applied pressure with steel braided lines. Thus improving braking feel and lessening braking effort. :fact

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,404 Posts
Quick releases...!?!? Those make no difference in breaking power...what are you trying to say. And if you didn't notice a difference with steel lines your doing it wrong lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm not a motogp rider! So, if the difference is there I never noticed :lol
Style and top performance is a MUST on my list. :tocoo:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those spiegler ones look pretty sick. But I like the one I got :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What spools do you have?

Red line looks good on there.
Thanks, and I'm not sure. The previous owner bought/installed them

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
10,879 Posts
Oh ok. I asked because I'm looking for big plastic puck spools. Painted aluminum spools chip over time.

I like the red though. I was thinking about doing black on mine because I was thinking that the red would be to much. My style clean, simple, and no chrome but the red line looks great on your bike so it should look great on mine.

I'm for sure red chain and sproket would be waaay too much. Lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh ok. I asked because I'm looking for big plastic puck spools. Painted aluminum spools chip over time.

I like the red though. I was thinking about doing black on mine because I was thinking that the red would be to much. My style clean, simple, and no chrome but the red line looks great on your bike so it should look great on mine.

I'm for sure red chain and sproket would be waaay too much. Lol.
i think a red one would look good on your bike too

·
Pays for everything. EVERTHING
1,945 Posts
I did the same upgrade, from oem to stainless or whatnot...It really doesn't make a different that I noticed...
I learned from watching members here having on their bike that these are the only way to go! :fact
You sure you've bled them properly. The difference in feel should be pretty dramatic; but if you have air in the line you'll lose a lot of "feel".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts