Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning on doing a track day at COTA in June. Anyone familiar with their process? It appears the only way to get on the track is to either go with a school (RideSmart) or rent the track out right. I’ve looked at the RideSmart school, looks decent, wondering if anyone has been with this group?

The tracks in CO have open lapping days that have minimal structure and doubt require coaching or a school (they have schools too).

June 19/20 is what I’m looking at. I’ll be visiting family in there area in June and I’ve been itching to hit that track.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've done a couple of track days with Ride Smart. It's not so much a "school" as a track day organization. For novice they do classroom sessions after each track session, and I think in intermediate also. The coaches all have go pros and will record you and go over it after or you can download them now I think. Good bunch of people.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a couple of track days with Ride Smart. It's not so much a "school" as a track day organization. For novice they do classroom sessions after each track session, and I think in intermediate also. The coaches all have go pros and will record you and go over it after or you can download them now I think. Good bunch of people.
Yea I talked to them yesterday since they are the org that will be there when I’m in town. Got signed up starting with intermediate with the option to switch to advanced if need be. Figured I’d ease into the day having never been there and not knowing the level of the local riders.

Appreciate your comment, it backs up what I got from talking with one of the guys. Super excited!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I fly over the track quite a bit when I'm in an out of Austin. I am always looking down wishing I was down on the track. It's a bucket list track day for me for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts