Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,644 Posts
i've seen too many cops not even bother to chase bikes, they gotta catch ya first you know, but me i've never raced my bike so i dont really need to worry. i dont know about you guys though!!!

·
Until it sleeps
5,443 Posts
Hmm, they will now TAKE your car and NOT give it back? Gives them an even BIGGER reason to run! These laws just dont work. If u watch a street race u can be fined up to 1000bucks and up to 6months in jail! Now the spectators will be running as well.

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,161 Posts
They had a story on the news here today about street racing. The city of Chicago is trying to pass a law to be able to seize the cars involved.

·
Off Topic mod
12,022 Posts
I dont see the big deal. I would not want a pair of idiots drag racing their cars on my street and one day find a car in my house because they drove it through my wall.
The drag strip where I live lets you drag all you want for $15 on Saturdays after 4PM

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,866 Posts
I can see why they are cracking down on street racing, but this law seems ridiculous. I am sure the cops are going to abuse the hell out of it and use it to seize the property of anyone that annoys them. I could just see taking off from a stop light hard (as I some times do) and having the cops call it "street racing" and steal my shit.

- BA

·
Off Topic mod
12,022 Posts
-O-P-U-S- said:
they can pass all the laws they want to, i dont care.
but when the govt starts siezing peoples property, thats when those bastards go to far. :mad:
They sieze personal property all the time. Hell, you come to my work and bring in a camera or a cellphone without permission and see if you get your stuff back. What do you think happens when the police busts drug dealers or other criminal activities and they impound cars, houses and shit...
I will grant you that drug dealers and the kids racing their cars is like comparing apples and oranges but hopefully they will now think twice before racing their cars

·
dont let your meat loaf
417 Posts
siezing peoples property is wrong no matter what they did. It goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for. it is nothing but govt abuse of power. thats why i am a registered libertarian.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
This law only promotes "running". What do you think is more dangerous, a drag race or a person racing to save their shit around corners and residential areas. I'm really starting to dislike governments when they pass legislation like this.

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
I don't understand what the big deal!?
I did not race or any, but they still got my
2000R1, while I was in hospital, and now
a "dear" police owns it (for nothing):
HERE HIS INFO::machinegu
Robert Hauoli Kwan, 19999 Promenade Cir, RIVERSIDE CA 92508

WELCOME TO CA/USA!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.