Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
all im hearing is LETS GO!
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i ordered the 04-06 EVO2 from McCoy's, no drama from McCoy's.... UPS another story, box gets here, start installing and then what do you know TWO LEFT EXHAUSTS!!!!! TWO!! how the hell do you stuff up packing a box with exhausts that are barcoded differently?! :bash
I have waited long enough for the exhaust to only have this happen, if I could go to the main centre I would and wrap it around someone head and take my RIGHT exhaust....
Yes akrapovic is good quality, but if i knew i would be going through this i would of purchased the Graves! So lesson to be learnt from this is dont buy Akrapovic if you have to have it shipped to you, No exhaust in hand, no cash in theirs! :2bitchsla

I just tried calling McCoys to find out no one is there, honestly i want to just throw the crap in the bin, but its a lot of money to throw!

·
all im hearing is LETS GO!
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohhh i have no doubt McCoys can handle this, just I need my bike, and i hate the hot seat issue, so im hoping it can be resolved quick, geez i would even pay to have it shipped over night, $350US i believe, i just need to complete the exhaust

·
ELWOOD
5,187 Posts
mccoys is probably one of best companies to deal with out there...im sure shane may make this situation right, or at least help...he's a stand up guy:fact

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
36 Posts
I cant believe im hearing this...SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I opened my box and after i installed the first can on the left side the right didnt line up and the sticker was on the wrong side!! I ordered from a place off-fleabay called forward-motion. They were local enough to get next day shipping ground so i called them and after a little "yes it is really two left sides", they sent me another set the next day. FM dealt with this awesome and to tell you the truth i was a die hard Akrapovic guy until i emailed them trying to buy new stickers since mine were scuffed on the busa from trying to get by my boat in my driveway, it was a tight squeeze and i didnt realize i was scrapping the stickers. ANYWAYS, i emailed tech @ Akrapovic to see how to get some new stickers and didnt even get a response to my email. Few months later i bought this R1 and needed a new sticker for one of my graves cans. I emailed tech at Graves and i received an envelope next day with all kinds of stickers for free and an invitation to come and check out the shop! First envelope didnt have the right size sticker and i emailed my Contact over there Taige (super cool guy!) and sent him a pic of the sticker size and day after that he sent me another two sets again free of charge one set being what i needed! I bought a Plate bracket from them through fleabay and they were only selling one specific color/style they had made to many of and i called to tell them to put it on will call since they are so close to me. Plus i wanted to take Taige up on his shop tour offer. I also asked Peyton if i could get a different style and color bracket and Peyton said we are only blowing out the kind we advertised but ill hook you up and i received the same price for a bracket that wasnt on sale! Their Block-Off plates completely fixed my popping problem for only $30! Even their slip-on systems come with the cat eliminator / Y-pipe. I have a few road debris dings on the bottom of my cans on my 05 R1 and Taige gave me the idea of flipping the cans and putting the stickers on the other side...unfortunitly i would have to flip the end cap since the stinger is angled. Peyton talked to the "guys in the back and he said to bring my cans with me when i come to pick up the plate bracket and they will flip the end caps for me!!!!! If that isnt customer service i dont know what is. Im all about Graves Now!!! I will be ordering the v-stacks from them soon!

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
it's a simple mistake and easy to fix. Yes, it sucks, but i wouldn't worry about it too much man. It will get solved. First time i've heard of this though, but it is a simple mistake and the quality is great with akra. You'll be happy in the end.

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
36 Posts
Sorry I have had way too much coffee this morning =), and dont get me wrong i think Akra is a great exhaust. Its just that good customer support is so rare these days and when I find it I want to get the word out.

·
Super Moderator
22,559 Posts
it's a simple mistake and easy to fix. Yes, it sucks, but i wouldn't worry about it too much man. It will get solved. First time i've heard of this though, but it is a simple mistake and the quality is great with akra. You'll be happy in the end.
:iamwithst It will be taken care of. McCoy's will see to that. Just step back away from the project and don't try to break anything. Akrapovic is a top notch product. Computer coding must be slipping at Akra's packing line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.