Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of sliders from a company off ebay, great company but shitty sliders. Guess what brand there are...ya, lockhart crap-O. anyways the fit like shit. 1st. the sleave hits the right side sleeve so there is a gap between the slider and the frame. on the left there is no sleeve to go in the frame so it wont tighten um. POS LP. anyways, after looking at them for a few hours i made them work. took the sleeves out, swoped them around. trimmed them a bit here and there. and perfect. nice and snug on the fraim with no cap to brake off the slider and still have the sleave jsut touch so the bolt is tight. will get pics up but looks just like any other

· AFM #616
240 Posts
Which brand are they? Just so the rest of us can stay away from them...post link.

· RIP scott white 11-9-02
1,122 Posts
FIXTITS said:
sounds silly..did ya have them on the proper side ? there is a L and a
R

like he said one side has a recessed hole.. make sure to put the slider with the extended end on the left side.. the flat ended slider goes on the right side.. hope that helps ya out

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, got them on right. both sliders are the same length and came preassembled with an aluminum sleave in the center. the only difference was the sleave is longer on one than the other, but problem was they only drilled the slider so the sleave will end at the exact bottom of each slider :no . that means the sleave does nothing for you other than position the bolt head out more :dunno . i stalled it every wich way. after it didnt fit i got the idea of taking the sleaves back out, and swopping them. put the longer sleeve in the deeper hole so it would estend past the bottom of the slider so it would go into the fraim hole on the left side and then take the shorter sleeve and put it in the shallower hole so it will fall short of the bottom of the slider so it will sit flush on the frame and not the sleave on the right side. Kinda hard to explain. that realy didnt fix the problem beacus now the sleave on the right side is too shallow and the sleave on the left side sticks out too far. so i cut the sleave on the left side so the slider fits perfect to the fraim and the sleave tightens the motor back up to the frame, then I cut the slider on the right so that there was only 1/16" between the slider bottom and the sleave. i think i did some drilling too but i cant rember what i ended up doing. all and all, they are crapy sliders and im glad i can make them work.:machinegu Lockhart Phillips:boom

· AFM #616
240 Posts
bluesurf said:
If you read his post again you'll note at least two places that Lockhart and LP (Lockhart-Phillips) are mentioned..... :2bitchsla
Yeah, I was jut wondering which seller it was.

· pavement tester....
7,317 Posts
should have gotten some from local forum guru "Earache." Sliders that acutally fit well, are very sturdy and work when crashed. Not gay carbon looking sliders with chrome caps or junk like that. All black or all white, and will save your bike when or if it goes down.

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt get the POS carbon shit.

These are the set that I ordered. I just noticed that the one standing up looks like it has the nub that goes in the fraim. wonder why mine didny :dunno . well, for the pic you can see who I got mine from. The box had the correct number on it, i checked 4 times. oh well, next time i will use a forum member, damn ebay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.